It was embarrassing, but it could have been MUCH worse!
Okay, laughter is important, right? So since I don't have anything else to blog about tonight, I thought I've give you a reason to chuckle at my expense.Okay, well now that we're all clear on the facts up to this point, let me be like Paul Harvey and tell you "the rest of the story".
When we got to the restaurant after the walk, I was sooooo ready to find a restroom. I hurried into the stall, lined the seat with toilet paper (I ALWAYS do this!), did my "bizness" and hurried to get back to the "team". We had a wonderful time at the breakfast. I almost decided to get up from the table and stand in front of everyone to make a little speech of appreciation. Instead (thank you Lord!), I just stayed in my seat, used my spoon to rap on my glass to get everyone's attention and then said a few words of thanks to everyone for being a part of Team Davenport. At the end of the meal, people began to leave and as you can see from the photo, we were kinda stuck in the corner until people started leaving so we could get out too. As I climbed out and started walking away, I heard my sister say "what in the world?!" Yep, you've probably guessed by now...I had a long strip of toilet paper hanging out of the back of my pants. She and Mom thought at first it was part of my sash. Look again at the back view of me with the sash. It does kinda look like the same size, etc. of toilet paper. LOL I think I was so hot and sweaty from the walk that the paper just stuck to me when I lined the seat. Can you imagine how embarrassing it would have been if I HAD walked around to talk with everyone or stood in the middle of the restaurant?? I've thought about this so many times since then. Too funny!
~~~~~~
Okay, now it's your turn! Do a post on YOUR embarrassing moment.
~~~~~~
I double dog dare ya!

33 comments:
I love this! It's one of the things I love about you - being able to laugh at yourself! I'll have to think about what I could post. I'm going to be gone until Saturday evening, so maybe next week. I shouldn't have a problem with this, because I embarrass my self frequently, but my mind is blank right now.
Oh Kat~ I am laughing WITH you.
Bill reminds me of the time I used mesquite wood chips in the outdoor fireplace for a party... I nearly smoked out the neighborhood.
I'm still laughing. That is so funny. The laughing pictures are hilarious too. I'm glad you weren't embarrassed more than you were. I'm not going to do a post about it but I will tell you. I guess the most embarrassing moment I ever had was when I was in high school. I was at my aunt's house and my future husband to be was there because he was my aunt's husband's brother. Well, anyway, I got to laughing so hard about something, I have no idea now what it was, but the bottom line is I wet my pants. I was soooo embarrassed. I was teased a lot after that every time I got to laughing someone would say "Be careful. Don't laugh too hard."
You know those dreams people say they have where they find themselves in school or at work in their underwear.
Well, in High School I was the school mascot and one fine performance day I wore a dress to school and didn't feel like wearing it in the costume. So I wore the mascot uniform over just my undies.
That night one certain annoying little boy decided he wanted to take a ride on my tail and it riped open the whole backside of the costume exposing me and my frilly undies for the entire gymnasium full of students and families to see. I made the fastest exit on school record to the locker-room! Fortunatley, no one got a picture!
Beat that!
LOL -Laughing with friends is one of my favorite things to do. What if you had gotten up for the speech? I'm giggling even now with the mental picture! I'm so happy for you that such a thing didn't actually transpire.
a-ha-ha-ha! Oh as a mom to 5, I wouldn't know where to begin on the level of embarrassing....too many to count. I make a fool of myself during story time. I'm a reader who gets into what's being read, no matter who is listening. I keep my windows open in the daytime and walkers-by have commented (lovingly) re my animation. Too funny, makes me smile too. I really do love your blog Kat!!!! Thanks for making us smile. ;o) {{big hugs}} heidi
Tht was great, Kat!
When Anthony was a baby my sisters and I were singing at a more "high class" church than we're used to. I was wearing a dark green velveteen gown. I had been holding Anthony until it was time for us to go up to a very high podium to sing. I handed him to someone else, we went up to that high podium, faced the audience - and I noticed that I still had a white "burp" diaper draped over my shoulder!
I frequently leave the house with what I think are black slacks and when I get outside, they really are navy blue. This happens with shoes too. One time I got to school, looked down and had one black shoe and one navy shoe on. It is hard to see colors inside my house.
I loved your story. I have seen that happen to other people. It is not the first time that has happened.
Too funny! Just the thought of that toilet paper and what could have happened. Have a great weekend.
Blessings,
Linda
Oh Kat! Thank goodness you didn't get too far with your extra "banner". And thank goodness you can laugh at yourself...that's definitely a virtue. Hee-hee! I'll have to think about what was my MOST embarrassing moment, it seems like there have been so many. Whew! I'm blushing just thinking about them.
Holley
Aren't you glad that a huge hand held you in your seat to make your sweet thank you speech? He's always looking out for us!
hugs
Sandi
I'm so disappointed you didn't add a picture!! Really!
Okay, so here's mine! I worked at a summer camp growing up. One day we all went water skiing. While skiing, the top to my bathing suit broke in the back...BUT, I didn't know it because the wind was blowing AGAINST me holding the top on. When I dropped the rope to stop my skiing, my top went one way...and I went another!!! Worst part: the guys in the boat only had a white t-shirt to throw me. It's the only wet t-shirt contest I have ever been in!!
Oh that is funny!
I guess the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to me was when I was in college. My roommate and I were in the drug store and I was looking at greeting cards. While I was looking at them "she" walked up beside me. Still looking at the cards I said "I have to get some tampons". I looked up and it wasn't my roommate but some random guy! He just looked at me and smiled and I turned about 10 shades of red and said "I thought you were someone else"... he just laughed!
Girl... I'll have to think on this one! I will be sure to participate in it. In other words... YOU ARE ON GIRLFRIEND!
Good Morning, Kat! That was too funny! But like you said, It could have been worse! LOL! ...parading the toilet paper train around! LOL! Oh, I have so many embarrassing moments, it is hard to keep track!
Have a great weekend! ~Rhonda :)
You're right, Kat, that's pretty funny. I can't think of one that tops that. And you are right in...it could have been worse!
Okay, reading the comments, I am reminded of one instance...I was sitting on my sister's front porch, talking away, being very expansive and loud with my opinions, when I spotted a spider the size of a little ol' pea about 4 feet away from me. I jumped up and promptly peed all over myself. I was the only one who had seen the spider so everyone else just sat there looking at me like I was a nutcase. Which is exactly what I felt like.
I posted another incident on my blog. This one brought on by my mouth outpacing my eyes. :)
Kari
Oh my gosh Kat.... I have so many embarassing stories that I started to tell everyone that my life must be the comedy channel for God! Some are downright humiliating!! I learned a very long time ago to laugh at myself.
AGGGHHH!!! That's hilarious! I'll have to think long and hard for an embarrassing story to beat that one... stay tuned!
Robin
Kat, you are a doll! I remember when I checked my oil guage (this was about 10 years ago) and it was low, so I thought I knew what I was doing, bought oil, and proceeded to pour it into the same small place where the guage fit.... well, there was oil all over the garage parking lot...silly me.
It's been a while since I have stopped by. I'm so glad I did! Thanks for the laugh! (:
I'm going to try to remember something really embarrassing!
So glad you didn't turn around although it would have been a funny blog post :)
TOOO funny! Kat-that is great!
Cute story, Kat! I'm glad you didn't get up in front of all those folks. But, if you had, you and everyone else would have laughed.... One of my many embarrassing moments was walking into church with a clothes hanger hung onto the back belt of my coat. I didn't realize it until I sat down in the wooden pew.
Hi Kat,
That's a good one and since I already posted today I will certainly do this because I have one that always sticks out in my mind. But I do like that last photo of your team at breakfast, everyone looks so cheerful!
This is such a funny story!! I'm glad you sat there and didn't get up - eeeek!
I would take this dare - I never walk away from a dare (hee hee), but I will have to give this some thought. I have very few (believe that or not) truly embarrassing moments (that are worth talking about). I'll give it some thought.
Have a good weekend - Kellan
I will never forget this very embarrassing moment!!
I was in college and my mother and grandmother wanted me to be safe of course especially at night while I was out and about so they bought me this alarm thing that fit right into my pocket (out of sight thank goodness!).
Well needless to say I was coming out of the library and they had those turnstall things and the alarm thing hit the turnstall and off it went!!!!
Of course the library was soooo quite and everyone looked at me like I was crazy.
Out I ran of course never to take that thing with me again!! With my face a thousand shades of red!
Oh boy...you're really putting us on the spot (and I have SO many embarrassing moments).
Ah ha ha haaaa. That WAS funny!! I like this post, great one. I'll have to work on my dare.
I agree with Sandi Our Lord is so on top of things. You are such a sweet and giving soul he is walking with you!!! Hugs...m..
Hi Kat,
If you would like the monkey bread recipie go to this blog and she has it posted there with a great chicken salad recipie too.
www.cookiesbypaula.blogspot.com
You will probably have to scroll down a bit. I think she posted it a couple of weeks ago.
PS. I teach with your friend Sheila from Gimme Memories! She's such a sweetie!
Have a good one. You will have to check out the funny picture I just posted. LOL!
That is too funny Kat!!! I'm always grateful when the restrooms have those seat cover protectors and I use a "layer" of them. I have had a piece of "tp" stuck to the bottom of my shoe before...but not to my backside...yikes!!! At least you didn't have your skirt tucked into your pantyhose and your backside exposed...since I know someone that happened to once!!!
Now that was funny!! Thanks for the belly laugh!!
Blessings,
Sher
Post a Comment