Sunday, November 23, 2008

THANK YOU FOR BEING A FRIEND

It's almost Thanksgiving and we ALL have so much to be thankful for. Let's try to forget all the "mess" going on in our world and just be thankful!

And I am...for each and every one of YOU! Thank you for being my friend!



Thank you for being a friend
Traveled down the road and back again
Your heart is true
you're a pal and a confidant.
And if you through a party
Invited everyone you ever knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say
thank you for being a friend.
~~~~~~
Speaking of friends.....












My sweet friend Lisa at Cranberry Flats
has passed along these two special awards. Thanks Lisa!





My sweet friend, Mari at My Little Corner of the World has passed on this beautiful and sweet award. Thanks Mari!


~~~~~~
I'm truly surprised and touched every time I receive an award. I'd like to pass these on to 10 others: Joan, Melissa, Terri, Tonja, Andi, Kari, Sandi, Rhonda , Jill....and last but not least, Miss Daisy's new bestest friend Rhoda.
~~~~~~
And...thanks Rhoda for your very sweet post about our home and the "paradise" where we live. Miss Daisy is missing you and Peter and is sending you hugs and kisses.



From Kat

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the awards. The video is darling. The song reminds me, of course, of the Golden Girls. I always enjoyed watching them. I still see them occasionally in reruns.
Hugs,
Charlotte

Harbor Hon said...

We're thankful for you too Hon! Nice post Rhoda did on your house, it's just lovely. I could get used to living like that ... and right outside is a pool and the beach? Yes, you live in paradise. Good for you, George and Miss Daisy. xxoo

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Very sweet post!! I hope you're enjoying your weekend!!

SweetAnnee said...

So glad we are friends.. you are a blessing
Deena

Terri Steffes said...

Wasn't that post by Rhoda just divine? Your house is amazing. I have changed my dream home since I have seen yours!

I am going out on a limb here and thinking the Terri is me... and thanking you for the awards!

Terri Steffes said...

Geez. If I had clicked on the names I would have figured it out on my own. Now, an official thank you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the awards Kat. There is another one waiting for you at the Back Porch. It's on the Blue Dining Room Christmas post.

Welcome back!

Mari said...

That's the cutest version of that song ever!

Angela Baylis said...

Thank you for being MY friend, Kat!
You are such a joy! Whenever I come here I leave with a smile I don't think I'll be able to get that song out of my mind for the rest of the evening! Love it!
Love you,
Angie xoxo

p.s. Congratulations on your award! You are SO worthy!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Happy THANKSGIVING to you and yours..m..

Melissa said...

Kat,

Thank you so much for passing these awards onto me. You are so thoughtful and sweet.

I will post about them soon.

Also, thank you for just being my friend.

Love Melissa

Anonymous said...

May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have never a lump.
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs!


Thank you so much for including this anonymous blogger, I appreciate you including me xox Kathy :)

Happy Thanksgiving.

Sandi McBride said...

Oh Kat, what a wonderful surprise! I'm going to be doing a meme tag tonight that I got hit with, and of course I'll need to hit you with it. But, take your time, get to it when you can my Sweet Pal...I know you need down time after that trip!
Again thank you so much for thinking of me!
hugs
Sandi

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for passing these on to me Kat! I wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Oh Kat, You are such a sweetheart! I am so truly honored for you to pass along these awards to me! Congrats to You, for receiving them, and to the other bloggers you passed them onto also! You certainly deserve them! And don't worry about the funk or weight until after Christmas! I so wanted to lose a few pounds (really many, but I am trying to be realistic! LOL!), before the holidays, but here it is a week before Thanksgiving....and well, I just gave up until Jan. 1st! LOL! Fighting a losing battle this time of year! So don't let it get you down, or in a funk! :)

Looks like you had a wonderful vacation! And I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, dear friend! ~hugs, Rhonda :)

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Thank you, Kat! You're so sweet to give me more awards. I don't deserve them all & I never play by the rules, but I sure do appreciate them. I'll add these to my others & put your name on them.

xoxo Daisy's buddy,
Rhoda

PS. I miss that little girl too!

Zaankali said...

I loved Rhoda's post of your "paradise"! It looks wonderful.
Smiles!

andi said...

Thanks so much for passing these awards on to me! I appreciate you so much~ Happy Thanksgiving!

Kathy said...

Sweet post, Kat. May your Thanksgiving be especially blessed!
Kathy

Jean said...

That video is just too cute. I gotta show it to Destiny when she comes back. Thanks for putting a smile on my face this cold Monday morning! And Thank YOU for being a friend!

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Thank you, Kat! You're far too kind to me. I'm glad you're back from your trip, can't wait to read all about it.

Thanks again for the awards - it's always nice to receive them from you. :)

I hope you and yours have the best Thanksgiving ever!!

Kari

Cheffie-Mom said...

Congratulations on the awards! The video is too cute! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving week!