Tuesday, November 25, 2008

UP EARLY

I'm up early this morning...well, early for me! 6:30 Yikes! I had a bad migraine last night. Poor George was up tending to me. No headache this morning, but I'm so stiff. I'm supposed to play tennis at 10:30...we'll see....
~~~~~~

Isn't Maxine a "hoot"? I love her!

In our family, everyone brings dishes to my sister's for Thanksgiving lunch and then I also need to take something to our daughter Kim's for dinner. Since we have to travel 4 hours, I usually take desserts, wine, and a cooler of soft drinks. Lucky me!

So this afternoon, I will be baking pumpkin pies and making those cute Thanksgiving cookies Terri at Lakewood Manor posted about. I think the kids are gonna love them!
~~~~~~
While my pies and cookies are baking, I'll be do some more Christmas decorating. It's starting to look very Christmas-y around here. I love it! I know it's not Thanksgiving yet and I hated to take down my Fall decorations, but we're leaving in the morning. So.... I've got laundry and packing to do too. I guess I better keep on my tennis shoes 'cause I've got to keep moving today!
~~~~~~
Are the Holidays stressful for you? They are for me. A few days ago I was really really really feeling it. So many dynamics with a large family. So many people to try to please. But, I'm thankful I have family close enough that I can travel to be with. I love my family very much and I'm excited that I'll get to be with almost all of them on Thursday. This Thanksgiving I plan to focus on all my blessings. Thank you God!



From Kat

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kat,
That headache must be making the rounds. I had one all day Sat. and Sun! Glad to know you're feeling better....I know I am!

Happy Thanksgiving to you!
Dian

Terri Steffes said...

My cookies are adorable and so fun to make. Plus, I had a big bag of candy corn and I just had to eat some while I was decorating them!

I love Maxine, too!

Sorry about the migraine, I have them too. Not fun at all!

Blogger said...

I hope the headache stays away!

I love Maxine, such a hoot!

You have a lot of traveling to do on Thursday, but lots of fun and love to be had, so that's good!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Kat!!!

xoxo
Bella

Sometimes It's Good said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Harbor Hon said...

Busy lady! That's why I take this time off every year, so I can get things done without so much stress. Love the cookies that Terri made, they are so cute. Thanks for the kind comments about the Cinnamon Puffins recipe, it's a favorite of the family. You are always on the go, go, go and I admire you for your stamina. xxoo

Zaankali said...

The "expectations" that I put on myself are what makes holidays stressful for me. I need to learn to just enjoy and stop worrying about "missed opportunities" knowing that God is in control and we are doing what he wants us to do and not what the world says we should do.
Enjoying the moment.
Smiles!

Kellan said...

Yes, this is a stressful time of year for me too. I hope to get out our Christmas decorations on Friday or Saturday and have the kids help decorate the house. I hope you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Kat - I'm thankful you are my friend!

Kellan

Susie Q said...

I am so happy to see you back safe and sound. : )
I LOVED all the sea shells you discovered. I have a small collection of such thngs I have picked up from all the many beaches we have lived near over the years.

I worry about the holidays, getting it all done and making everyone happy. I doubt I should but I do. : )

Love,
Sue

DESIGN BY CATHLEEN said...

So Sorry about your migraine! They are the worst! This year we are keeping a low profile for Thanksgiving, Just our 2 daughters. One is married w/ 3 little ones, the other still lives at home. Some sadness as our middle daughter hasn't given us a reply! which means she will be at her boyfriends family's once again! :-(
Why is it the Holidays always have a damper on them?

Sheila said...

Kat I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving. I hope you and Mr. George have a safe trip.
Much love,
Sheila

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Hi Kat!

I am like you, I travel (just a little over an hour) to my cousins house. We each bring a dish and join some 30-40 people for a special day. There are many activities planned.
I hope that you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Safe travels!

Melissa said...

Glad your headache is gone.

May you have a wonderful and safe Happy Thanksgiving holiday.

Love Melissa

It's Always Something Around Here said...

A BIG YES on this time of year being stressful.

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Cottage Rose said...

Hey Kat; Thank you for your sweet comment and the visit. You sound like you are going to be very busy this week. I know how you feel about the holidays, they are supposed to be relaxing and fun, then there are those time they are hectic and rush rush,,so just take a deep breath and relax and have fun...
Happy Thanksgiving.

Hugs;
Alaura

Becky said...

Maxine has the right idea! I would be a GREAT dinner roll and soda person! LOL!!! Those cookies are adorable, thinking about doing some as well. I think my grands would love'em!

You guys be careful in your travels. See ya after Thanksgiving!

Sandi McBride said...

You know I think Maxine and I were separated at birth...undercooked turkey, lol!! Hmm...dinner rolls, is that what Mama always asked me to bring? Have a wonderful Holiday, Kat...enjoy the pie baking, I intend to do the same tomorrow! Hope that headache goes!
Hugs
Sandi

YaYa's Funhouse said...

Gurl!! I just love that Maxine!!

Sheila said...

Kat have a blessed holiday with family and love love love the cookies!
:)
Sheila