Saturday, November 29, 2008

ON THE MENU TODAY: TURKEY

The bad part about going away for Thanksgiving is that you don't have any leftover turkey. I did bring home some of Mom's cornbread dressing and gravy and some of Sherry's cranberry relish though. But George and I are still wanting some turkey. So....I've just put a turkey breast in the crockpot and tonight we'll have turkey again. And...we'll get to have our turkey sandwiches tomorrow and then I'll make some turkey soup.

Since we traveled home yesterday, I didn't take part in Black Friday. I just can't do that anymore. But since I have to get out today to run a few errands, I'll try to pick up a few gifts too. Our tree is up and decorated and it looks kinda sad without any packages.

Christmas is coming FAST !

I.AM.NOT.READY (not even close!)

Are you?



From Kat

22 comments:

Harbor Hon said...

Hope your turkey turns out great and you get lots of sandwiches from it.

I am not even close to being done. Even though I've been on vacation, I haven't been doing things like I wanted. Get to feeling worn down too fast, so I've been mostly relaxing. I have to back to work Monday. Noooo!

Can't wait to see pictures of your decorations. xxoo

Mari said...

I have my shopping nearly done. The tree is going up tonight when I am done at work, then I have to get wrapping. Enjoy that turkey!

Lori said...

Hi Kat! Sounds like your family had a great Thanksgiving. It's always nice to get together with loved ones. I totally agree about the leftovers. It's one of the best things about Thanksgiving!

Lori

Sandi McBride said...

I can't believe how fast, me who was moaning about waiting to decorate, now I'm way behind! Why did y'all let me wait so long!!! I know what you mean about the turkey...that's what we had for lunch, hot turkey sandwiches (open faced) with a side of dressing lol...starchy but wonderful!
hugs
Sandi

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Kat, I love your vintage Pyrex storage dishes. I have some I picked up at a garage sale years ago, but they are not clear like yours. Only the lid is clear, the body is white with olive leaves. I like yours so much better.

And no, I'm not ready for CHRISTmas. It's coming upon me much too fast this year, but I say that every year.

Blessings,

Sher

Tonja said...

NO.

andi said...

I have finished Christmas inside. :) I am working on the outside soon. Ben tried, but we had a few set backs. :) Loved the smilebox! I haven't seen one before. Good for you pulling a yummy turkey breast out. Sounds sooooo good. Hugs!

Melissa said...

Welcome back home. It will be nice to have your own turkey, so you can enjoy all of the leftovers. For some reason, turkey always tastes better as leftovers.

I am finally on the mend from this cold, so I did get to enjoy the holiday.

Hope you have a great weekend.

Melissa

Anonymous said...

I'm not ready either!!!

We had dinner at Matt's mom's house and since we never come home with leftover turkey I have started leaving a turkey breast cooking in the crockpot while we are gone so we have some when we get home. I love that!

I did go out shopping early yesterday for about 6-7 hours. I'm still sleepy :)

SweetAnnee said...

Nope not ready here..don't know when I'll get out shopping again..
but..I'll get there

smiles..Deena

Cherdecor said...

I am glad that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family. I imagine that your crock pot turkey will be better than cold turkey. I try and try to like turkey, but for some reason, I am just not that fond on the bird. I think I would like the way you do yours in the crock pot. I would think it would be good with the soup around it.

Chad's turkey was very moist this year because he soaked it over night in a brine.

We are shopping online this year. That way I can get just what I want and not have to leave my house.

Enjoy your turkey!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Terri Steffes said...

LOL, we had leftover meatloaf! I am going to do a turkey breast like you do it... and make turkey pot pie with the leftovers!

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Hi Kat,
We finished off the left overs today and I'm so glad. We actually threw away the desserts after our family left on Thursday because we knew we'd eat them all!lol
You're way ahead of me on the Christmas decorations ~ haven't even gotten mine out of the attic ~ hopefully this week.
Have a wonderful week.
Blessings,
Sandy

Mrs. O said...

I just have hubby to shop for and this year, I'm having a hard time deciding what to get him. I'd like to get him a weekend of cooking lessons (he so loves to cook) but most places near me only do culinary training for chefs. I guess I'll have to look into video games for him.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Kat, glad y'all made it home safe & sound & even have your own turkey to munch on. I made enough food, but not tons of leftovers, so it is almost gone now. It was good!

We don't do a lot of exchanging anymore, so I hardly have to shop for anything...and I'm liking it like that. We don't need a thing!

Kellan said...

Yes - I love the leftovers and love to make turkey sandwiches - YUM! I had the turkey leftovers at my house and my sister and mom left some of the other side dishes, but not enough. So, all if have is turkey.

Take care, Kat - Kellan

Technonana said...

No... I'm not ready... My tree is up and I have started to decorate the house. But like you I spent time with family until today.
I have bought a few gifts but haven't had time to wrap them.

Kristie said...

I finished my shopping yesterday morning bright and early in all the craziness. We are in the process of putting up all the Christmas decorations now and then I'll have to start wrapping which I dread every year. Loved the pictures of your ornaments...I'm probably going to do the same. :)
~Kristie

Barbara said...

Kat,
Thanks for dropping by. I really enjoy reading your posts. I went to Bryan/College Station yesterday to get some beads and my nails done and it was still a mad house of shopping. Enjoy your turkey sandwiches. Hope you will come back and visit me.
purplegoatlady.blogspot.com

It's Always Something Around Here said...

Thanksgiving lefortovers are the best. I am making soup today on this cold and rainy day....it will be perfect.

I am trying to finish decorating.....and am feeling totally overwhelmed with all I have yet to do.....BREATHE!!!!

Lavender Chick said...

But the good art about going away for Thanksgiving is that you don't finish off 5 pies all by yourself!

Susan said...

I am so not ready! I cannot really get out and "do" the Black Friday shopping thing much lately either. We did a coffee give away from church starting at 3:30am and it was awesome. I think that's how I'll spend that shopping day from now on...giving weary but eager shoppers FREE coffee.

Hugs,

Susan