Saturday, November 01, 2008

THIS AND THAT

George and I rode our bikes over to the doctor's office yesterday afternoon and got our flu shots. We sure don't want to get the flu again! I always dread shots. I'm not sure why, especially since I could hardly feel a thing. If you haven't gotten your flu shot yet, I urge you to. You don't want the flu, believe me!
~~~~~~
I saw this recipe for a Pumpkin Cobbler over at ~the Bunnies' Bungalow~ and just had to try it. Easy and so yummy! And my kitchen smelled delish! Thanks Deborah K!


I put the pecans only on one half of it...George's request.

We went out to dinner with our friends Jack and Linda last night and they came back to the house for dessert. It came out of the oven right before we left for dinner, so it was still slightly warm when we got home. I served it with some sugar free cool whip. Yum oh! We ALL gave it a "thumbs up"!


From Kat

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't got mu shot yet,but sure need to. The cobbler looks yummy. I want Georges half =)

windycorner said...

That cobbler looks delicious, especially on your great-looking fall plates.
Holley

Mari said...

Kat - we are on the same page today! I got my flu shot at work and gave quite a few staff members theirs. Now I am baking because we have friends coming over tomorrow and guess what I am making - what I call pumpkin dessert and you call pumpkin cobbler. I enlarged you picture to check the recipe and it is almost identical - but no nuts are called for in my recipe! It smells wonderful here!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Kat! I see we've both been really busy lately. Just got back from the beach & it was fun. Gettin chilly down there now. That pumpkin stuff looks downright delish!

Love Being A Nonny said...

Love your new BLOG look!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Kat,

I'll have to check out that recipe, it looks so yummy. I got my flu shot a few months ago. I had the flu years ago and swore I would never go through that again. Hope you had a great Halloween and I love you new blog look.

Cherdecor said...

We are getting our flu shots soon. That cobbler looks delish!

Terri Steffes said...

Love the new look!

My arm still hurts from my flu shot, from 4 days ago!

Guess what! I signed up to follow your blog and I just found out where to look! Easy peasy!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I'll have a piece off the nutty half.
We took some friends to Gian Marco's the other night, Bill was quick to tuck in his napkin and said 'if George can do it I will to'. We missed y'all.

Connie said...

Doesn't seem like I at the right blog without the gold background. I like the new look though. The dessert looks yummy. Love your yellow/gold plates and I have the same granite in my kitchen. Love it! Connie

Kathy said...

The cobbler looks wonderful! Thanks for the recipe...Kathy

Andi said...

I got my flu shot last week. You stay well now!

I've made this recipe before a couple of years ago at Thanksgiving. I think it's time to whip it up again. Your's looks yummy!

Debra from Bungalow said...

Hi Kat. SOOO GLAD you liked that recipe! It's good!
I'm getting a flu shot next week, I don't mind getting shots.

Your new blog is cute, just like you, Take care, DebraK

Anonymous said...

Hey Kat,

I LOVE the look of your new blog !!!! I just love polka dots they are such happy things :) makes me think of when my Jacquleen was little she had a pair of socks with ruffles/polka dots on them. Oh I miss those days of dressing her !!

I have never had a flu shot but think this year might just be the year, I too hate shots !!!

Have a lovely Sunday,
Kathy :)

Jill said...

I love the smell of something pumpkin baking. I have to be honest and say I don't get the flu shot. The only time I've gotten the shot, I got a terrible case of the flu. I realize it was coincidental, but still.... Adam did get the flu mist last week, though.