Sunday, November 23, 2008

THIS AND THAT

What a gorgeous day today! They were predicting 60% chance of rain, but it's gorgeous. (We might get some rain later.) I thought tennis would be out today, but we played 3 fun sets and the temperature was perfect!
~~~~~~
I've finished cleaning all the shells we collected last week on our Marco Island trip. We found a lot of beauties, don't you think? We're going again in February, so next time I'm taking a bucket and a small rake and shovel so I can bring back a lot more. (Hey, Rhoda, are you ready to come see Miss Daisy again?) Smiles!

I love the little shiny ones...they look so pretty in a jar with the others.


Isn't our God awesome?!!! Oh, yes ma'am He is!

~~~~~~
BTW... Rhoda at Southern Hospitality has posted about the shells she found here in "my" paradise while we were off collecting shells in Marco Island. She also did a wonderful job of showing off our beautiful beaches.
~~~~~~
Pat at Back Porch Musings has passed along this really pretty award! I love it! If you've never visited Pat, you really should. She always has beautiful photos to share and her decorating is just amazing!
~~~~~~
See this? No...we're not moving.

My house looks a wreck right now. I've had George bring in most of the Christmas decorations from the garage and he lined them up in the hallway. I've started putting them in different rooms and now there's a mess e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e. What was I thinking?
I'd love to get a little bit done before we leave for our Thanksgiving trip and then I can finish up when we get back. I love the way the house looks AFTER everything is decorated, but right now? Not so much.
~~~~~~

Thanksgiving is coming FAST! Are you ready? I'm not. But, I'll be baking tomorrow.




From Kat

20 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I love the shells. And the candle! I used to live in Sarasota and we hunted shells everyday. You should see the jewels I have-from God. Little reminders of Heaven and what is in store.
I cant wait to see your Christmas Decor!

Terri Steffes said...

(smile) My house looks like yours with all the christmas boxes around! I love the shells. You got some great ones!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you house all decorated. What will you be baking tomorrow. ?Donna

Praise and Coffee said...

Love the shells!
Looks like my house with all the tubs...I have over 13 for Christmas stuff!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Sue

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hey, Kat, you got some GREAT shells! I love them all, esp. that winged one that's attached. You'll have to find a pretty jar to display them in. Looks like that coastline has more shells than Destin does.

I want to drag out my boxes too, but we've got 2 kids coming to town & I'll be cooking on Thanksgiving day this time, so I hate to clutter up the house too much.

I'm sure we could be 'talked' into coming back to see Miss Daisy!! LOL

xoxo, hope you all have a great Thanksgiving too!

Unknown said...

Those shells look like valuable jewels! Just beautiful!

Have fun decorating! I'll start day after Thanksgiving. I can't wait to see photos of your gorgeously decked out home later!!

Anonymous said...

The shells are gorgeous. No wonder you're eager to go back and gather up some more. I know your house will be gorgeous when you get through decorating it too.
You did really well in the turkey shoot. Hubby is upstairs shooting away right now. I can hear the sound from down here.
Hugs,
Charlotte

Mari said...

You got some beauties! Congrats on another award - I think you are loved here in blogland!

Anonymous said...

I haven't even started pulling the Christmas tubs from the attic... ugh!
I am not in the mood to decorate this year. We're heading a couple of hours away to celebrate Thanksgiving with Matt's family. Should be fun huH?

Natalia said...

I'm officially putting Destin on my "must see" list of spots in FL for our annual road trips, along with putting your blog on my "must read" list after having been introduced to both via Southern Hospitality. We almost did Marco Island this year but decided on Sarasota.

I love your blog!

Anonymous said...

Hello dear Kat, yes I agree with everyone else, the shells are just so pretty and reminiscent of the beach and happy times. Also I really hope you are going to take lots of photos of your Christmas decorating and show them on your blog because I am sure everyone would LOVE to see how pretty your home looks when it's finished. You already have a beautiful home so I can hardly imagine how exquisite it will look once the decorations are up. Love to you my loyal supportive friend. I appreciate your continued support via my blog so very much Kat, I really really do. Take care, hugs Jen B xxx

Lisa Pogue said...

Those shells are beautiful. I love the winged one too. Since you've mentioned in some of your posts about reading books, I have tagged you to play a little "weird book" game. Kinda cool. If you feel like playing come on over for a visit.

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Kat, Love the shells! ...and can't wait to see all your Christmas decorations! :) ~RHonda

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Kat...again! :) I just dropped in at Rhoda's and your home is amazing! I always loved your home, but haven't seen as much as what she featured! You have a great sense of style and wonderful taste! I absolutely LOVE the brick floors! I showed them to my husband! How did you come about them! Nice touch! ~Rhonda :)

andi said...

O Kat. I know that feeling. I love to decorate for Christmas, but this year it just hasn't hit me yet. I am LOVING my new fall decorations. I guess trying to decide on a tree has me stumped. No pun intended. Real or fake?!? We'll see.

Harbor Hon said...

Those are beauties. Reminds me of the ones we find in Ocean City. Rhoda did a really nice post about her stay and I loved the pictures. Yes, I'm sure Miss Daisy would enjoy them coming back to 'sit' with her. You have an amazing house and an even more spectacular 'backyard.' :) xxoo

Lori said...

Feel free to snag the Maxine pic. I stole it from my sister. .hehehe. Loving the shells. I collect shells too. I have mine in a huge round fishbowl. I love to look at them and remember the good times I had collecting them.

Jean said...

Wow! I have never been to a beach that had such perfect shells. Destiny would go CRAZY if she found shells like those.

Time just flies! I remember when you brought all those boxes in from the garage last year!

Andi said...

Our God is such and Awesome God! Such beauty in your shells dear Kat. You found some nice ones.

I'm getting ready for Thanksgiving here since I'm cooking then I'll deal with the Christmas boxes. My, my...but you do have quite a few I see. And the time does fly...it seems like I just packed it all away from last Christmas. It's always fun re-discovering the special ornaments that have been collected over the years.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Kat!
Hugs, Andi

YaYa's Funhouse said...

I absolutely love those shells. Makes me want to walk along the beach barefoot. mmmmmmmm