We decided to drive over to Naples to spend the day...only 18 miles. A couple we met at dinner last night suggested a good place for pizza. Gino's Pizza on Davis. It was a very small place in yet another strip mall. Good pizza too. And...another inexpensive meal. Yeah!
We stopped to show Dick and Linda the beach in Naples and Linda and I took our shoes off and walked down to take a few photos. We saw dolphins VERY close to the shore jumping out of the water. Nope, no photo of that. Those guys were fast! None of us have ever seen them so close to the shore. A man on the beach said they were pushing the fish closer to shore to make them easier to catch. Hmmm...not sure...
~~~~~~
Tonight we did some window shopping on 5th Avenue and stopped for Happy Hour at Bice. We had a fabulous dinner at Truluck's in Naples. Very very very good! If you're ever in Naples, you've gotta go there! When we got back to Marco Island, we played a few more card games and then did our packing. Tomorrow morning we head home. :-(

From Kat
10 comments:
I have never seen such piles of shells. I would love that!
Have a safe trip home!
Hey Kat; Its been awhile since I have been by. Trying to do some catching up. Sounds like you all had a great time. I have read about Naples and saw photos, someday I would love to go for a visit. Your photos are so pretty love the ocean.
Oh and all those shells, I LOVE SHELLS. when hubby and I had our first trip to Fl. many many yrs ago, we went shell hunting on the beach had so much fun... I even brought back some sand from the beach. lol
hugs
Alaura
have a safe trip home!
Hey Kat,
Glad you are having a nice time, I love Naples just as much as Marco, McCabes on 5th Ave is alot of fun :) 5th avenue us a great place to window shop, love the Inn on 5th too.
We saw the dolphins down on Naples Beach out on the pier, never saw them that close.
It's like 25 degrees here we are having an unusual cold snap, horrible :( !!!
Kathy :)
Wow, what great photos and what a nice trip! I love those tall palms too!
Take care - Kellan
Lovely pictures. I am so awestruck when I look at the ocean. However, I must admit that now when I look at the ocean I also think of Thyda and I feel sad. Just imagine seeing nothing but ocean everywhere you look for weeks on end. They did go into port two times so far (since Sept.) - at Capetown, South Africa and at Dubai.
Have a safe trip home and a happy reunion with Miss Daisy. I bet Rhoda and Peter are going to miss her like crazy after this, won't they?
Love your pictures of Marco Island.
It is a exceptionally beautiful place and I hope one day to return.
Wishing your family a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Wow! You should be a travel agent as your description of the places you find is wonderful ... and so are the pictures you take.
Love the shell beach, sounds like my kind of place. I would be out there and probably never come back, or burn out my retinas trying to see them all. :)
Sorry it had to end, but please have a safe trip home. Take care of you. xxoo
Kat- I am so glad that you had a wonderful trip! I hope that your Thanksgiving is marvelous as well!
Becky
I agree. I like the nice clean sand better, but those shells are really interesting. I've seen shells on beaches but never this many.
Charlotte
Post a Comment