Sunday, November 09, 2008

ON OUR KNEES TODAY

*updated below*
I have a confession to make ~~~

Our minister will not be preaching this morning so we've decided to play "hookey". Have you ever done that? I feel a tiny bit guilty, but I'll be busy. I'm gonna put a turkey breast in the crock pot, do a few things around the house that I keep putting off and then I'll be on my knees today preparing my flowerbeds. I plan to plant my pansies one day this week. And...while I'm on my knees... I'll be praying and enjoying some good Christian music on my iPod. It's a gorgeous, but cool, morning here....perfect to be outside worshipping.

And this is what George will be doing!


HAPPY SUNDAY EVERYONE!

From Kat
*Updated - I've had a request already asking how I cook my turkey, so I thought I would share it with everyone. It's so easy! I buy a whole fresh turkey breast from our Publix and have the butcher cut it in half. That way I can cook one breast at a time since there's just the two of us. I just rinse it off, pat it dry, add salt and pepper and place it in the Crockpot. I pour a whole can of cream of chicken & mushroom soup over the top...no water. That's it. The soup makes the gravy. We love it. Sometimes I thicken the gravy and sometimes I don't. We love it over rice or mashed potatoes. We usually have leftover turkey and gravy so we can have open faced turkey sandwiches the next day.

18 comments:

Vee said...

Yes! Oh my heavens, yes! I play hookey often.

Just visiting from Leah's and checking out your list. We share many of the same gratitudes...now you can add this one...the fun of playing hookey. Enjoy every minute...you'll be back to church soon.

Terri Steffes said...

God understands... and prayer said on the knees is best!

Love to know how you do a turkey breast in the crock pot... saw some on sale here for $7!

Sometimes It's Good said...

Don't they say you are nearer to God in a garden than anywhere else? Have a restful and happy day!

Melissa said...

One can always carry God in their heart wherever they go.

Enjoy your day.

Melissa

Love Being A Nonny said...

Did the same thing this morning. We HAD to clean our office and I'm giving a baby shower this afternoon,sooooooooooooooo. Love the picture of what George is doing! Hey, say a word for me while you are down on your knees!

andi said...

Thanks for the request to fix the font. I copied that from an email and the color didn't work correctly for some reason. Fixed it now.
Have a great afternoon!!
I am off to read and nap.
Love the recipe! :)

Anonymous said...

You are still praying, even though you are playing hookey :-) Thanks for the recipe too---sounds good and yummy! I'm always looking for more crockpot recipes...nothing like coming home from work with dinner practically ready!

Unknown said...

Thank you for your sweet card! How thoughtful! Can't wait to try the turkey myself!

Hugs!

Harbor Hon said...

Glad to hear that even though you're playing hooky, you still had time to praise Him. That cartoon of George praying was hysterical too!

I cook my turkey breast the same way, in the crock pot. But I use a little coating of butter, celery, carrots and seasonings. The house smells so good that sometimes I can't wait, but I do because I know that after I get the mashed potatoes, veggies, cranberries and gravy done it's time to eat! xxoo

Karen said...

I'm sure God will love sharing time in the garden with you, instead of sitting in church;)

And playing golf with George! Great cartoon.

Cherdecor said...

Thanks for the turkey in the slow cooker recipe. I have a few turkeys in the freezer.

Our yard work is finished for this year. Our fireplace is on and we are ready for fall. We don't have deciduous trees so we don't have to rake leaves but they are falling.

We did go to church this morning. Each week I can hardly wait for the next Sunday. Today was no exception. I wish you could hear our pastor. I wish everyone could hear him. A professor from the Bible College teaches our S.S. class and he is fantastic! We have NEVER been in a church like this before. Talk about being blessed! We certainly are!

Have a wonderful week and if the weather gets too bad, we may come for a visit!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Oh yes...Sundays when the preacher is out of town just seem to be made for playing hookey, don't they?

Anonymous said...

Honey you can have church any where you want.

Jean said...

I love the picture of George's prayer time, ha, ha!! Hope you had a great time with the Lord in His great out-of-doors.

Connie said...

I've got some turkey in my oven too. I will try your recipe. I like easy! Yes...I've played hookey too. Connie

Andi said...

Your turkey in the crockpot sounds so yummy and just the kind of thing I love when I'm busy. It's so nice to come in from work and have dinner almost ready!

I'm sure God is fine with you playing hookey. He surrounds us with his love in the garden and on the golf course...I'm certain of that!

Anonymous said...

I did a turkey breast last week in the crockpot. It was delish!

Hope you had a great day Kat.

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Oh yeah, been there done that. I guess this is why the church we attend now NEVER discloses when the pastor will be gone and we will have a guest speaker NEVER!! Because then the congregation plays hookie!!

Blessings,

Sher