I'm actually doing okay so far, but the Holiday season is stressful for us all. If you're like me (and Terri), you're making your list and checking it twice. Me, I usually have several lists going on at a time. A grocery list, a shopping list, a list of things to do, etc. I love making lists, but I especially love to mark things off the list. I'm planning to keep this verse in mind. I'll keep plugging along and I'll try not to worry.
***********************************************
Deb at Lavender Chick recently mailed me a sweet surprise after reading about my dry skin complaints. I received a bottle of her Lavender Body Lotion No. 145. Oh.My.Word! This lotion is incredible! Thanks so much Deb!It's that time of year when we're all looking for the "perfect gift". Here's my recommendation for someone special: Go here and order the "Best of Lavender" gift set...only $38.00. Perfect!
*****************************************************
I used to love pomegranates as a child, but I haven't had one in years and years until this afternoon. Recently, a friend mentioned how good they are, especially for hot flashes. Not sure why? I bought some pomegrante juice last week and I drink a juice glass full when I think about it. Today I saw pomegrantes in the grocery, so I bought one.Here's what I forgot...Eating a pomegranate can be messy. Real messy. The juice can stain your clothes and even your countertops. But, oh the seeds of this fruit are sweet, juicy and bursting with flavor. Yum! And if they'll help with the hot flashes, they will be my new "bestest" friend. LOL
Here's some interesting facts I found on the web about pomegranates:
Fights Breast Cancer ~ Studies in Israel show that pomegranate juice destroys breast cancer cells while leaving healthy cells alone. It may also prevent breast cancer cells from forming. Lung Cancer Prevention~Studies in mice show that pomegranate juice may inhibit the development of lung cancer. Slows Prostate Cancer~It slowed the growth of prostate cancer in mice. Keeps PSA Levels Stable~In a study of 50 men who had undergone treatment for prostate cancer, 8 ounces of pomegranate juice per day kept PSA levels stable, reducing the need for further treatment such as chemotherapy or hormone therapy. Protects the Neonatal Brain~Studies show that maternal consumption of pomegranate juice may protect the neonatal brain from damage after injury.
Prevention of Osteoarthritis~Several studies indicate that pomegranate juice may prevent cartilage deterioration. Protects the Arteries~It prevents plaque from building up in the arteries and may reverse previous plaque buildup. Alzheimer's Disease Prevention~It may prevent and slow Alzheimer's disease. In one study, mice bred to develop Alzheimer's disease were given pomegranate juice. They accumulated significantly less amyloid plaque than control mice and they performed mental tasks better. Lowers Cholesterol~It lowers LDL (bad cholesterol) and raises HDL (good cholesterol). Lowers Blood Pressure ~One study showed that drinking 1.7 ounces of pomegranate juice per day lowered systolic blood pressure by as much as 5%. Dental Protection~Research suggests that drinking pomegranate juice may be a natural way to prevent dental plaque.

19 comments:
My, you do have a lot to do and a lot of people to buy for. But the good news is that you're getting stuck in. I remember a work colleague who would always shop on Christmas Eve. His theory was have a glass of wine, then shop, stop for another glass of wine, then shop - I always wondered what the poor recipients received for presents. He seemed to think it was the best thing ever.
May God give you grace and ease to accomplish your tasks, that they would become a joy as you find the right presents quickly and all goes well.
My husband is a list person and he always is very willing to create one for me too.
I keep my stuff organized in my head, that way no evidence to what I did not accomplish!
By all means keep eating that messy pomegranate - I will have to try it- never had one.
And what a nice gift- I love the lavender smell
Oh boy! I'm so behind on my shopping! My real first official day for Christmas shopping is this Saturday.
I am doing groceries tomorrow, so must look for the Pom. Juice. Hey one can't go wrong with that stuff it seems!
My, Kat, that fruit sounds like it came straight from the Garden of Eden before the fall! Being the critical thinker that I am, I did notice how often the word 'may' appeared in the article. Pomegranate producers need money too! LOL!
Pomegranates were always a special Christmas treat growing up. Last year I decided to add some of the beautiful seeds to my Christmas dinner fruit salad. I'd seen Martha smack the pomegranate with a wooden spoon to get the seeds out. Tried it, wearing a white blouse. Let's just say I was grateful for pretreat stain removal products. :)
I feel like borrowing this comic! It's perfect and what a great reminder! I stress out WAY too much. Maybe this year will be different! I am like you when it comes to lists! My kids are the same way...
Thanks for your lesson on pomegranate juice! I love to put them in my salad. I haven't had any this year. I just added them to my grocery list! I am going to study the part about preventing dental plaque. My patients need to know this! Thanks so much!
Love,
Angie xoxo
Yes, but do pomegranates help with DEPRESSION????? lol
Congratulatoins on your lavender surprise and I'll get back to you on the stress...I fully expect my stress level to kick into high gear sometimes next week and I'm sure my posts will reflect that. Just remember...don't hold my rants against me, I'm depressed.
Wow thanks for the info. We used to have a tree in my yard and I would eat them like crazy. I also went to school stained lol.
What used to be for pleasure is now a need. Ours our like 1.70$ each here what about for you?
My father buys pomegranates for Christmas eve every year. And the only ones who eat them are my brother, my sister and myself. My sister cuts them up every year and passes them to us. And my SIL jokes that her favorite part of the meal is watching the 3 of us eat them. But now that we know they can help with hot flashes, I'm sure she'll be eating them too. It's 30 degrees here right now and I'm sure she's flashing anyway.
That sounded naughty!
Love,
Julie
Semisweet chocolate squares. Yes, canned biscuits, the layered, flaky kind that's easy to separate and stick a nice honkin' hunk of chocolate inside. Brush with egg and sprinkle with sugar the last couple of minutes baking. If you do it sooner, it will get too dark..or even burn a bit. Thanks for the info on pomegranate. Each day I drink juice purees from Bolthouse Farms, they rock with antioxidants. I get them in the fresh produce section. They are so packed with nutrition. Have to get in whole grains and yogurt each day, too. So, that is great about the pomegranate information. Will get some.
Alexandra
Kat,
You have some great friends. I checked out the Lavender site and it's nice. You know I've never had a pomegranate and we have a family produce business so I really should have tried it by now but if it really helps with all those things, I'll give it a try. Thanks!
I haven't even made my lists yet, much less started buying gifts! LOL.
Have a great weekend.
blessings!
Annie ♥
We are addicted to Pomagranates...had to leave our two trees at the old place, more's the pity. Working on more to replace them, but in the mean time, I buy them at the grocery store and eat one a week...Oh, I love them! I didn't know they were so good for us though...thanks for that info!
I must admit I've never had a pomegranate. I think the only ones I have ever seen are dried.
Maybe, I'll try it.
Yes, the stores are getting fuller and fuller the longer you wait. I'm nearing completion. I love to make lists..I just can never find them to shop from....
You have reminded me of a book I want to blog about...thanks!
Hi Just found your blog through another....love your truth about lists!!
Wonderful to read you are a survivor!!!Couldn't help but chuckle that you sound like my opposite....that is a good thing!!
I like to tease about the "little" blondes..when in fact I have many little blonde friends..just like to write and make others laugh.
Pam http://dawoods12.blogspot.com
WOW! I think we need to put you in charge of research! I also think I need to go buy some pomegranates! :-)
I've just added pomegranate juice to my grocery list...what's one more item?!
Wow, this is a power packed post! Loved the cartoon– so true. Love pomegranate juice! And, your gift looks wonderful! I remember that post, too!
KJ
Wow!! Thanks for the research on the pomegrantes...I've had the juice...but was so afraid it was smack full on some types of preservatives and sugar...the I was a little uneasy using it...but from now on...I'm just buying the fresh pomegrants and making my own juice...then when I can't find those...I'll buy only natural pesticide free pomegrante juice...with no sugar...I DID NOT know it could help with all those things...we all worry about from time to time...So I am off...to purchase some...ASAP!
Thanks for sharing...oh and by the way...I'm a list person, too...and I have not put mine in order as of yet...and I always have that done way before Thanksgiving...I'm blaming the lack of list this year...on the trip for 2 weeks in Italy (yea I know I COULD HAVE made list...but I needed to see the sights, more) AND the fact as always both of my wonderully gorgeous children have birhtdays in November...the 9th for Jackie (that's taken care of) and then Marcus on the 21st!! Working on that...can you believe they STILL expect gifts this close to Christmas...really, they have always been like that...sheezzz...kids...and of course I always go over board...making it harder on myself..and terribly hard to start disappointing them now...too late to do that! And they still want Christmas gifts, too...ummmm...really are they just selfish or what?? LOL...NO! they aren't...they are very easy...and sweet and kind...I'm the one who goes overboard...everyone HAS to have the same amount of packages to open on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning...Plus the stockings all have to be very, very similar and packed with the exact same number of gifts in each...then there are the 4 dogs...our 2...and my 2 granddogs...so we give them stockings filled with treats...patiently wait to see which one masters the unpacking technique first...and then scramble all the stuff up before the dog "war" starts...too fun...Easter is the same way...Easter egg hunts for the dogs...we're crazy!
Have a wonderful holiday...lots of love, fun and laughter...
Blessings...
Terea
Post a Comment