
Well, I survived the first real day of Christmas shopping. It was actually kinda fun. I've been shopping for stocking stuffers for months...literally. I have to. I stuff 22 stockings. Yep...9 grandchildren + 4 children + 2 daughter-in-loves + 1 son-in-love + 1 daughter's boyfriend + 1 Mom + 1 Aunt + 1 husband + 2 pets = 22! Whew!
Anyhoo, today was the first day to shop for gifts. George and I actually had some success and it was kinda fun. Afterwards, we went to our favorite place for pizza and a glass of red wine while we discussed our purchases and our plans for the next shopping trip.
After a night of shopping, a glass of wine was perfect. A little wine = no whining!
Hugs!

(I'm a little behind on my blog reading. I hope to catch up soon.)
21 comments:
I tagged you :-) See my blog.
~Cheryl
Hi Kathy, we are just dropping by to say hello, we often read your lovely comments on Sandi McBride, Kari & Kijsa and Alexandra's blogs, and just thought we'd introduce ourselves :) We read a few of your past posts and really enjoyed them! We also have a lot in common! If you have some free time come and visit out Blog anytime :) Jenn and Jacqui
Isn't that the truth!? I love a nice glass of wine at the end of the day! Yummmmmmmmmm.
Cute picture! I've started Christmas shopping already too!
One of my favorite sayings is ~
"Be a SHINER not a WHINER"!
Have a wonderful day!
Blessings,
Sandy :)
Kat, you always seem to have the most fun! I love your attitude!
Love that cartoon...and love to hear about your shopping! It's getting me in the mood...all the hustle and bustle. Woo-hoo! Sounds like heaven to me. Oh and a little wine afterwards. Yessir.I could do that, no problem. lol
Sounds like a great fun time. my hubby leaves all the shopping to me. now he will be sure to meet me for the pizza lol.
That's alot of stockings to stuff. And I love that cartoon. Where do you find such cute cartoons? We're planning our shopping around here in a few weeks.
I know that your day was filled with fun. 22 stockings wow.
So glad its you with 22 Christmas stockings and not me! I hate shopping!
I love the cartoon! What type of red wine do you order with pizza?
Kat,
I spent a good chunk of yesterday gift shopping. I actually had a lot of fun because I was more prepared than usual. I started keeping a little notebook in my purse to write down gift ideas all year long, so it makes it more fun to shop!
I can't believe you fill 22 stockings--that is amazing! Have fun!
Sounds like a fun day. I love shopping for stocking stuffers, I don't have as big of a list as you but I've got to get busy. Linda
You lucky you...9 Grandbabies...I don't know if I could afford 9, my one gets anything she wants from her Graypa...spoiled? Not rotten, just to that about to turn stage! Glad you had fun, can't wait to go shopping!
xo
Sandi
Kat, Christmas will be here before you know it...you really have your hands full with those stockings, I thought mine was bad only have 4..lol I love you sharing your day with us!!
much love
Sheila
P.S. Please post about your Thanksgiving plans!!!
My sister sent me that cartoon in an email last year. I love it!
So glad to hear that you got some shopping done. But honey, you're crazy for making that many stockings up. Sweet and perfect, but crazy nonetheless.
Love,
Julie
Bob and I will shop together for the first time in 31 years! It is only on one gift, mind you but I am looking forward to it!
I think I see a future post here... Tips for Stuffing Stockings. Tell us some of your favorites...
Cute cartoon! Sounds like you had a great day - shopping, pizza, and wine! Could it get any better?
You have a lot of stocking stuffing to do. Whew! Do you have a Tuesday Morning in your area? That store changed my life!
Goodness gracious! I'm overwhelmed with only a handful to do, you must be oozing with energy! I havent even started Christmas shopping yet - but maybe if I come over here more, I'll get all inspired!
I just can't get into the spirit~ of shopping that is.
I am looking forward to the 'Bs' in Birmingham. I'll shop then.
Wow that is a lot of stockings but what fun I bet you have.
Hugs, Lyndy
Post a Comment