Happy Happy Birthday tomorrow ( Nov. 8th) to my sweet friend, Jean!!!! I hope you have a wonderful birthday filled with fun, food, love and great memory making moments.****************************************************
I've found myself being a "worry wart" lately about a couple of things. Silly me!
****************************************************Brrrrrr....it's been pretty chilly every morning this week when I get up. I usually pop right up and I'm ready to start my day and chase those dream I mentioned in my post yesterday, but boy these chilly mornings make me want to snuggle back under the covers for a few extra minutes. I'm playing tennis at least four days a week and at 8:30 when we start, it's pretty darn chilly. You should see us girls all bundled up in layers until we finish our warm ups. By the second or third game though, we're starting to peel off layers. What glorious days we've been having. Just gorgeous! Today there wasn't a cloud in the sky. It was so nice today that no one wanted to stop playing. We ended up playing 5 sets! We started at 8:30 and we didn't stop until almost noon. I'm shocked I'm not hurting tonight. It might be a different story when I try to pop out of bed in the morning though :-) And I'm due on the court again at 8:30.
**********************************************
I received two e-mails today with this powerful message I think it's too important not to share. Please watch the video and don't forget what you see. Tell your friends and family about this video. Or better yet, send this to them. This is a dramatic video (30-second, very short) about how to deal with a common kitchen fire ... oil in a frying pan. Click here to view this amazing video clip.
17 comments:
Mr. Silver Bell and I usually play tennis a couple of hours each day of the weekend. It does feel good and is good exercise. We are pretty laid back though...don't play formal games, really. I tried to open the fire video, but my media player would not connect. :( Hope you have a lovely day.
Alexandra
Oh my gosh!!! That video! I never knew that...so glad you shared this...now I'll know what to do!!!
It's been pretty chilly here too! Gary had to bring my sago palms in last night---got down to freezing!
I think I've come to the realization that October/November are THE BEST times to come down there! It was absolutely gorgeous! So sorry I missed you! Next time!
Love to you, George & Miss Daisy!
Kat, thanks for sharing I think I may post this, I have several young ladies who read that may be helpful. Thank you and have fun today on the court.
Much love
Sheila
Good Morning, Kat! I've enjoyed catching up with you, this morning!
I'm loving our weather here, too. These cool and sunny days are wonderful!
Pat
I also received this yesterday and emailed it everyone in my address book...what a potent reminder...and you Missy, no more worrying...it makes me worry...worry is like sneezing, you pass it on...so cut it out now, ok? Enjoy your tennis...ohhh, I love Wimbledon...
You seem to be in excellent shape, Kat, and I can't imagine you'd feel anything but tired after a full morning of tennis. Keep it up!
I'm going to post that video on my Recipe Exchange blog. Thanks for sharing it!
Well I'm so glad that you are enjoying tennis in November! I on the other hand am begging my husband to allow me to turn up the furnace!
I have seen that video before and like you I got it in an email. I have passed it on several times and each time I receive it I show it to my kids again. Thank you for sharing it here today!!
Love,
Julie
Wow...I'm glad to see that video clip...I've thrown a whole cannister of flour on a fire once and it put it out but oh the mess I had to clean afterwards...lol!
Have a great day!
Kat,
Thanks for the cartoon--a good reminder to all of us!
I had to smile when you said it was chilly in Florida. It has turned really COLD here in Iowa. =)
I saw the video on Leah's Recipe blog.
5 sets of tennis! Girl - you must be in excellent shape! I couldn't last through one game - partly because I have no clue how to play (I always think of you when I have tennis questions on my morning crossword puzzle) and partly because I haven't done much for months which requires much physical exertion. I need to start walking again!
Happy Thursday Kat!
Oh - isn't that just awful! It's a good thing I watched that video, you know. I have always heard about throwing flour, etc... but my first instinct would be to throw water. I've never had a fire on my stove (not yet) - so I think I would panic. Thanks for sharing that. Have a good day.
That is a very informative video. Thanks for posting.
Happy Birthday Jean! Glad you are getting alot of tennis in. You probably feel great when you are done each morning. And I love that about worry, cares, problems and needs. So true. Thanks for sharing that with us.
You are so sweet to think of us... the fire in the pan is all too familiar to me.
I carry a lot of books sometime... what a great visual, though, to take off one book at a time and place them on God's bookshelf!
We too have been having some down right cold mornings but beautiful days.
Happy Thursday.
Hugs, Lyndy
A good reminder about kitchen fire safety. I keep a small fire extinguisher in my kitchen. I've never had to use it but I like knowing it is there.
Post a Comment