Friday, November 16, 2007

LAUGHTER

In the stressful days of getting ready for the Holidays, let's remember:




I just love it when something get's me laughing. There's nothing like a good old belly laugh. It really feels good to laugh. I love it when one person gets so tickled and then it's contagious and everyone laughs and it's hard to stop. I love those times. That happened a few days ago when some girlfriends were over. We were playing Mexican Train (yes, again!) and one friend said something innocently and the rest of us cracked up. We were out of control! George walked into the room and tears were rolling down our faces. We couldn't even explain why we were laughing...we couldn't talk for laughing so hard. Laughter really is the best medicine!




Remember the movie Patch Adams? Loved it! Robin Williams plays a doctor who believes in laughter as medicine and will do just about anything to make his patients laugh, even if it means risking his own career. It was based on a true story. I haven't seen it in years though and I think it's time I watched it again.

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Cheers to ENDORPHINS!!! Laughter really is the best medicine! I don't know how I would have survived without laughs!

Kj

Angela Baylis said...

I forgot that movie! I will rent it maybe next weekend when the kids are home for Thanksgiving! I couldn't agree with you more! Laughter is the best medicine!
Thanks for the reminder! I love when it makes my stomach hurt! :)

Love,
Angie xoxo

Jean said...

Oh how I agree! That's exactly how it was the other night when my sisters were here. I was reading things to them from my "humor file" and I couldn't even keep reading half the time. Sometimes we could hardly breathe. It was so much fun!

Your fun time with your friends sounds great. I can just imagine George rolling his eyes!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kat, oh love that movie!!! Now that you have mentioned it we will have to rent the DVD soon, Robin Williams is a genius comic :) Laughter, well it is the best, you can't have too many laughs and we could all do with a good laugh from time to time :) Sometimes I laugh so much I start to cry, does that ever happen to you? Have a wonderful weekend! Jenn and Jacqui

Nunnie's Attic said...

Ok what is Mexican Train? Sounds fun, that's for sure!

For some reason, I have never seen Patch Adams. I knew the premise of the story though. So I had to laugh when House said he went into medical school after watching it.

Love,
Julie

Dianne said...

Hey..I LOVE that movie. I only buy movies that I love (and they are USED when I buy them because they are too expensive otherwise!), but that one is in my collection. It's one of my faves too!

Cherdecor said...

I'll have to ask the young people in my family if they have heard of that movie. I am sure they have. May have to check it out.

Unknown said...

I want to know what Mexican Train is also. And you know I've never seen that movie all the way through so I'll have to watch it. So great to have friends to laugh with, it's good for the soul and physical body. Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

Loved "Patch Adams." Want to hear something funny in relation to your Pomegranate info? I have an Honors class each Friday with a handful of young ladies. The class is 19th and 20th Cent. Women's Literature. When we watch films, I usually bring something for them to nibble on. Well, yesterday I bought some juice for the first time, so they'd have something to drink, too. Heck, when I looked more closely last night, I had purchased Promegranate and Blueberry. Funny.
Alexandra

Sheila said...

I agree we all need to stop rushing around, stressed out, and enjoy some laughter with those we love. My children loved this movie, thanks Kat I think we will watch it this next week too!!!
Much love,
Sheila

marylou said...

Love this post. I read sometime ago that doctors truly did research that proved those folks who lived a life filled with laughter, lived longer!!! Okay, maybe I think I read it...well, maybe I dreamed it, or could be I heard it while in line at the market..... or....okay, maybe it sounds so good it much be true:-)
(Big grin here)
Hug Life, Marylou

Tracey said...

That is a great movie! And I agree, nothing like a bunch of girlfriends getting together and laughing 'till our cheeks hurt! I always use the phrase, "laugh my butt off"...GEEZ, wish that REALLY WORKED!!! ;-)

I got your message the other day. It's been a crazy week for me, at school and I also had a closing this week. I do plan on coming at least for the day on Saturday too. I'm going to talk with Dianne and we'll confirm plans!

Can't wait!!!

Have a great weekend! Love ya!
Tracey

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

No need to pack your dominos~ I have my lucky ones. Do you think we can talk the 'B's into a round (or 2)?

Kellan said...

My friend Pam and I are always making each other laugh - the tears running down your face,kind of laughter and we are always telling each other that it is one of the things we love most about each other. It is good to laugh! See ya.

Theresa said...

Great post, I am one of those who gets on a roll laughing about something, and will still be snickering for days after. So much fun to laugh with your friends!
Your thankful sidebar goes along perfectly!

Erin~~The Classy Rabbit~~ said...

You are so right Kat! There is nothing quite like a good laugh with friends to lift the spirits and put you in a fantastic mood!

Thanks for all the info on the pomegranate too! I love them and never new the extent of the benefits. I'll definitely make sure they're on my shopping list! Have a great weekend!

Ooohh, and I just have to know...what is Mexican Train? Sounds like fun!

Erin

Unknown said...

Those teary eyes laughs are the best. They're even scriptural!
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine!"