Can I tell you a little secret though....I wasn't looking forward to Thanksgiving this year. I know ... that sounds terrible. Sad, but true. It just seemed to sneak up on me this year. It didn't feel like it was time for Thanksgiving. And then there were a few "issues" of 'who, what, when and where'...you know...when you have a large family, those things just seem to happen. But, when all is said and done, Thanksgiving is a wonderful time for a family to be together. And somehow, things always work out for the best. We spent most of the morning and afternoon at my sister's house (Karen), and then went to our daughter's house (Kim) for dinner.
Here's just a few photos. (I took over 100!)
Mom with her "kids": Theresa, Kim, Mom, Pete, Karen, Me
George with Bree
Mom with her 3 sisters: Aunt Sherry, Mom, Aunt Barbara, and Aunt Grace
Uncle Jesse and Uncle Fred
My brother Pete and my sister Theresa. I never say "step" brother and sister. They may not be mine by blood, but they are mine by "heart". I love them so much! Their Dad was the best...I still miss him.
Bree and Jay - This was Jay's first time to meet the whole family. They all loved him, of course!
Angie (Pete's daughter), Pete, Me, Kim, and Theresa (I think Karen was in the kitchen)
Mom with all her girls - Kim, Theresa, Mom, Me, Karen
******************************************************
I told the kids months ago that all George and I really want for Christmas this year is black and white photos of all the kids and grandkids, so I can hang them in our long hallway. Last night the kids spilled the beans that they were doing a photo shoot this morning and wondered if George and I wanted to be included in the shots or just have the kids. We weren't really prepared for photos, clothes-wise, but we went. We all met at 9AM and boy was it was chilly! Our daughter-in-law Jan took the photos with the help of a tripod and Jay and Eric helped her in getting everyone in place. Jan is an incredible photographer, so we were in good hands. George and I only stayed for the big family shot and then we left so the other photos will be a surprise at our family Christmas party. I'm so excited. Can't wait to see them!
While they finished, George and I went back to the hotel to check out and pick up Miss Daisy. When the kids called to say they were through, we all went to lunch together at a local barbecue restaurant. All 19 of us! That's George and I, our 4 children, 3 spouses, Bree's boyfriend Jay, and all 9 grandchildren. Amazing, loud, fun!
(click on photos to enlarge)
Left to right around the table: Zac, Dalton, Kristin, Elizabeth, Angela, Eric, Kim, Jan, Karrigan, George, Mike, Jay, Bree, George, Me, Sydney Anne, Kaley Grace, Carson, Landon...whew!
George gets the l-o-n-g bill....not bad actually.
As you can see...I have so much to be thankful for! Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow!

29 comments:
What a beautiful family you have! I am glad you had a great Thanksgiving!
Penny
I loved all the pictures, especially the one of your entire family and the long bill!! I'll read your pastor's letter tomorrow - too sleepy tonight! Glad you had such a great time.
Kat the pics. are great, Bree is just beautiful as all the women in your family are. Is Kim your daughter or your sister. I must have misread one of the lines? She looks just like you, but I was thinking because you are sisters?
You have a wonderful family, and good to get to see there is a boy in the mix, although girls are soo much fun. You MoM was so happy I can see it on her face....
Much love, and a restful weekend sweet friend....sorry long comment...
Sheila
Sheila
I guess it IS confusing. I have a sister, Kim, and a daughter, Kim. The one in the photos is my sister, Kim.
Hugs!
Kat
A beautiful family, Kat! I enjoyed the photos. Yes, I agree with you, it looks like you have much to be thankful for.
Oh Kat..how blessed you are by such a large wonderful family. I envy that so much. I have such a small one and scattered and a teeny fractured and it always makes me a little sad at this time of year. I know you KNOW how blessed you are by all of them...you are so lovely and they are all so blessed by YOU!
I am glad you has such a sweet day.
Hugs,
Sue
Kat, What wonderful pics! I an just see that you all had a great time! Isn't it wonderful to be together?
Oh my goodness, you DO have a huge family - holy cow! But it looks like you had a wonderful time and I'm sure the house was overflowing with love. Blessings indeed!!
Thank you for sharing your special time. You have such a swet wonderful family.lessings Mary
Looks like you had a lot of fun. Great pictures, my favorite were the 19 of you all at a restaurant- it is a testament to the family that all of you wanted to get together.
The other thing I noticed from your pictures is that you and your sister Kim look a lot alike.
Glad you had a safe and fun trip. Now you can start your serious shopping for Christmas!
You just glow...so glad you had a lovely Thanksgiving. Bree is simply adorable.
Alexandra
Kat - I'm not must in the holiday mood this year either. But I'm going to pull Christmas out and put everything up while I'm watching my BYU Cougars trounce the U of U Utes. I'm hoping that will get me in the mood. One thing that helped (Thanksgiving is a loss for this year, never again and will be a beautiful Thanksgiving every year from here on out) was a Christmas CD I picked up from singer John Canaan. It is absolutely amazing. (I met him at the Chocolate Show.)
Anyway, it looks like you had a blast even though you weren't in the mood. Your family look awesome, great pics.
I love big family get togethers. The more the merrier...glad yours was a success....can't wait to see the rest of the pictures.
xo
Sandi
What a wonderful big beautiful family!!! Lots of pretty blondes and Angie is a gorgeous brunette! Love the picture at the barbeque restaurant...how fun to all be together.
That's so exciting about your family pictures. I'm glad you decided to be included too. I love black and white photos and would be happy if all of my family members gave us b&w photos as well. I like to frame my pictures in basic black frames and they look so nice grouped together.
So glad your holiday was nice.
What a wonderful family,you are very blessed. Your Christmas gift pictures will be a treasure, hope you'll share them.
Have a nice weekend...Linda
Kat, what a big, fun good looking family you've got there. Must be a lot of laughter around when you all get together..that's how families should be. I'm glad you had a great time. The black/white photos sound so neat, I just love that look!
xo,
Rhoda
YOU HAVE SUCH A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY! what a blessing.
The pictures bring tears to my eyes. You don't realize how wonderful it is to have the whole family together~ until it is no longer possible.
I can't wait to see the photo shoot!
See you soon BeachKat!
What a lovely family, great time and fabulous memories!
Hi Kat,
I've been lazy today but finally getting around to visiting everyone. Loved your family photos! That's alot of people, but I bet it's great fun when you are all together. Have a wonderful weekend!
Thanks for sharing all the pictures of your family. I am glad that you had a wonderful time with all of them.
What wonderful photos - I love George holding the bill, that is a classic. Wow, I didn't realise you had such a lot of folk in your family, no wonder you get so busy with all the Christmas shopping. Blessings upon you Kat, it just warmed my heart to hear about your Thanksgiving.
Looks like everyone had a wonderful time! So much fun!
Have a very blessed day!
smiles, kari and kijsa
That picture of Dad is hilarious !
We had a great time !
Jan:)
How wonderful to be with all of your family for Thanksgiving. Great photos!
Melissa
What a gorgeous family you have and everyone seems so happy!
WOW! Now that is a family gathering. What a blessing. Our little table just held 3 people this year, but we were filled with thanks, too. Wonderful photos!
This is probably one of my favorite posts that you've ever done! I've so enjoyed "meeting" your family. I'm glad you had a great time. It's always wonderful when everyone can get together and come away feeling happy with each other. Believe me, that's not always easy! lol
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH SISSY.
Post a Comment