Bree, Jay, M.T. and Bill actually had dinner on Friday night with Bobby Flay, but we didn't drive over until Saturday morning. Bree said he was very entertaining. Sure wish we could have been there for that!
A quick funny story: George wasn't sure in the beginning if he really wanted to go to the show. When I first mentioned the show, he asked "Whose Bobby Flay? What does he sing?" Too funny.
You can tell I'm posing for the photo with Bobby signing my book while George isn't even aware Bree is taking our photo....too funny
After the show, we went back to the hotel to spend some time with Miss Daisy and we went over some plans with Bree and Jay for our New York trip in December for the four of us. We're all getting excited about the trip.
George with Miss Daisy in the hotel room
Last night, we all went to a private party that a local couple gave in honor of Bobby Flay. It was a gorgeous home right on the water. And I mean absolutely gorgeous. It felt a little strange for us to go to a party at a home of people we didn't even know, but they were so gracious. The food was incredible. Can you imagine throwing a party for a critically-acclaimed chef/restauranteur, award winning cookbook author and television personality? I can't even imagine offering to do this. And here's the kicker....Bobby didn't come. Not sure why. I think I heard someone say he was just too tired after doing the two shows. Hmmmmm..... Anyway, we had a wonderful time. There were tables set up out on their back wrap around porch over looking the water and with the candles, twinkling white lights and huge hibiscus plants everywhere it was an incredible place to have dinner.
This morning we had breakfast with Bree and Jay before they had to head back to Jackson, Mississippi and we had to drive home.
It was a short, but sweet and fun time and it's good to be home. But, we're already missing our "girl".


21 comments:
I'm afraid I would be in the same camp with George - I had no clue who Bobby Flay was.
Wow!!! Sounds like you had an awesome weekend!!! Love the pictures.
And no...I can't imagine throwing a party for a famous chef. I'm not sure he'd be impressed with my food...I'd probably end up having it catered!!!
Wow! What a weekend! Sounds as if everything was erfect! I know you enjoyed spending time with Bree, too. NY, huh? Ian just got back and had a blast!
Have a good week!
Ha! Ha! So funny! I said the same thing, "Who is Bobby Flay?" Glad you had a great time with Bree and Jay. The dinner party sounded absolutely beautiful.
hi, Kat! What a fun weekend you had. That must have been great seeing all that cooking being done. Making me hungry talking about all that food. Great pics!
You know, Italy is my absolute best place to visit too. I saw that on your earlier post. It is the neatest place to visit.
Hugs,
Rhoda
Whew! Now I don't feel so bad, not knowing who Bobby Flay is! What does he sing - that is funny!!! Isn't it so much fun hanging out with our grown-up kids? I liked the picture of George's two brown-eyed girls!
You had a super weekend! And your daughter is beautiful!
Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend! I think it's awesome that you seem to have such a great relationship with all your kids...that's really a true blessing.
I'd not heard of him either, but now I can imagine him singing as he cooks! Hee Hee. What a great time you all had. You daughter is gorgeous too! Runs in the family.
Wow - what a weekend you had! I am so jealous!! How lucky you are that you have "connections"! I was noticing in the photo from yesterday, Bobby couldn't take his eyes off you! =) Glad you had fun with Bree and Jay, too. Have a great week, Kat!
What a fun trip it sounds like you had. Oh and the food sounds beyond yummy.
Glad you had such a special time.
Hugs, Lyndy
Wow! What a great weekend filled with yummy food, fabulous people, and parties! What an adventure!
blessings,
kari & kijsa
WOW! Sounds like you had a fabulous SHORT trip!
That picture of you and BF is awesome.
Hope you have a wonderful week.
Blessings,
Sandy :)
Wow! Was he gracious? Or pompous? I could easily see both sides coming out - although it doesn't change my opinion of him. I think he's great! I love his Throwdowns. Especially because normally he doesn't win so he keeps it very real.
Glad you had a great time and looking forward to hearing about NY. I love that city.
Love,
Julie
Woo Hoo Kat...you mean Bobby didn't let you eat? Now that's just not Southern! I'm plumb ashamed of that boy! My sister went to Paula Deen's Christmas show last year...she loved it. Funny, I didn't ask her if Paula fed them, too lol
You lucky girl... seeing Bobby Flay, going to a swanky house... even if he didn't show up.
I was in Mobile this summer and had a fab time.
Love NY too, my couin is a dancer in Wicked and I'd love to see him.
I think Bobby Flay would be a gracious guest and compliment any food he ate. That's how he seems on his Throwdown show. He always has such nice things to say about his competitors. How exciting that you got to meet him and watch him cook.
What a great weekend you had! I wonder if the people who threw the party for Bobby Flay were upset? Your daughter is so pretty and her boyfriend is cute also. Great pic of you and Bobby. Man you are lucky to meet all these food personalities. Lots of fun!
So tell me, dear Kat, did your George enjoy *hearing Bobby Flay sing*?!? LOL
I just love watching him on the Food Network. My hubby took a fun little quiz on line and was so proud to have come out as having "Bobby Flay's' style!
Oh.My Gosh!! I can't imagine eating a meal with Bobby Flay, much less throwing a party for him. So glad you got to go!
How fun! My hubby actually loves watching Bobby Flay on TV - we're big into the Food Network. So nice you got to spend time with your daughter and boyfriend. Can't wait to hear about your NYC trip. It's always so fun to go during the holidays.
Kat Hello I have missed you these last few days!!! WOW it looks like you had fun! Bree is absolutely BEAUTIFUL, you have an amazing family (they have good genes) lol
Hugs
Sheila
Post a Comment