Monday, November 26, 2007

A PEEK AT WHAT I'VE BEEN DOING

It's been wild and crazy at my house, but I think it's looking good....

Foyer ~ Santa, reindeer holding candle and berry wreath on mirror
Living Room

My Mom and I had fun making my kitchen tree years ago...it's still one of George's favorites!
Chef Santa kitchen tree topper

I hope you can see all the cute kitchen ornaments!

Santa and Mrs. Claus
Master Bedroom Chest ~ Santa is holding a Christmas tree but it blends in with the wreath hanging on the mirror in this shot :-(

Guest Room

Bree's Room
We watched "Dancing With The Stars" while I wrapped a few gifts

I still need to add ribbons and I've plenty more to wrap!!!
Look what I found for Miss Daisy! I know...silly isn't it? If you're one of those that can't believe anyone would dress a dog, I totally understand. I've never bought clothes for a dog before in my life and never thought I would. But...never say never. Isn't she cute? (She'll only wear it for photos and maybe for awhile on Christmas Day.)

HO HO HO!
Hugs!



35 comments:

A Captured Reflection said...

You have such a beautiful house and wonderful taste, I enjoyed this tour of all that you have done! Blew me away, so gorgeous!!

Zaankali said...

Your house looks beautiful! We have a tree standing in the living room but it is waiting for me to string the lights, then the kids will hang the ornaments and Mark will place the angel on the top.
Miss Daisy doesn't seem to mind the extra attention and she looks adorable.
Smiles!

melissa said...

Kat - Your home looks so beautiful and festive! You are way ahead of me, I still am not finished with the decorating - hope to 'wrap' it up today! ;)
Love Daisy's santa coat - I need to get a picture of Bax in his...if he will even let me put it on. He's still mad at me for making him wear the pumpkin outfit on halloween!

Melissa
http://mcc.typepad.com/mcc_my_guys/
username:mccaligiuri
password: lulubell

Anonymous said...

Ha! Ha! I NEVER thought of decorating a bed! I LOVE it! I have seen people put a Christmas wreath on the front of a car.

All your decorations are pretty, pretty, pretty. Even Miss Daisy! How sweet! I am sure that she feels festive in her new outfit!

Dogs do have feelings, you know.
One time we shaved off our dog who was a Sheep Dog, and he wouldn't come out from under the bed because he felt naked and ashamed. Poor dog! Cherdecor

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Gorgeous decorations and Miss Daisy looks adorable!
Love those beds in your guest room!
Have a wonderful day.
Blessings,
Sandy :)

Steph said...

I just love to see how everyone decorates for Christmas! Thanks for sharing!

Alice said...

Everything looks so pretty, Kat. Your kitchen tree is really fun. After seeing such a festive Miss Daisy, I think I'll have to get Santa outfits for my doggies too...although it is probably a good thing that dogs can't roll their eyes. :)

Julie said...

I am going to catch up on my favorite blogs today! Your house is so elegant!!! I would love to see a close up photo of your mirror though. I can't quite see and figure out what it is by your description. Glad your Thanksgiving was wonderful too.

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

I love it all - it's hard for me to decide which I like best...the kitchen tree, the berry wreath, the decorated bed - it's all so BEAUTIFUL!

Sydney the Wonder Dog has a Santa suit, too. I've never been one to enjoy dressing a dog, but I wanted him to look festive for Christmas. lol He's not crazy about it, but at least he'll wear it. I bought him a "hot dog" costume at Target this past Halloween. We put it on him and he just looked sick about it. He kind of just "leaned" against a cabinet and refused to move. It was pitiful so I had to take it off and return it to Target. I didn't even get a picture of him because he looked so sad I had to get it off of him QUICKLY! Guess Sydney prefers going "commando". lol

Merry Christmas!
Kari

Fran said...

Everything is just beautiful! You gave me some decorating ideas! That is what I love about blogs. Aren't we all really alike in many ways?

I dress up our sweet Shih Tzu, Weezie, and even though she is thoroughly disgusted the whole time, it give us lots of laughs.

Fran

Tracey said...

Everything is looking so festive!!!

And I love, love, LOVE Miss Daisy's outfit!!! I would totally dress a dog if I had one!!! I keep telling Gary I want to buy Zoe (my baby cat) and outfit! They are so cute!!!

Can't wait to see you this weekend!
Tracey

Sheila said...

Kat I am so envious (smile), you should do interior design (then come visit me for a week) lol I love your house and love your decorations! Love Miss Daisy's Holiday attire! I so enjoyed our chat last night! You are our blog idol!!!! Hey we may have a reality show there!! Have a blessed day!!
Much love,
Sheila
P.S. Tell George he looks mighty handsome too!!! lol

Leah said...

Oh, you've done such a wonderful job, Kat! I wish you would come to my house, and bring some of your cute things with you!

Given Grace said...

Kat, your house looks GREAT! One of our trees is up and waiting...but since seeing your pictures Im feeling very motivated! Thanks!

Susan said...

WOW!! All so nice.
Susan

Nunnie's Attic said...

Your home is so gorgeous Kat, I don't think I would ever leave it. Agoraphobia would set in for sure if I had to leave such beauty and face the yuckiness outside.

Love,
Julie

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Kat, it's all beautiful, as I knew it would be. You have great taste! Looking forward to seeing ya'll this weekend.

Hugs,
Rhoda

Terri Steffes said...

I enjoyed seeing your home! lovely!

Angela Baylis said...

Your house looks amazing! I want your energy, girlfriend! Daisy looks so cute! I wish I was going to see you all this weekend! Have a great time!
Love,
Angie xoxo

Anonymous said...

I have a chef tree and collect Chef santas. I started when rian went to culinary school. I love yours.I could steal a few lol..joking.

Anonymous said...

Love your home.. I have to say I love the kitchen tree best..I have a chef tree and collect chef santas.I started that when Rian went off to culinary school. The apple garland is so cute..did you make or buy it?

Jean said...

Oh my word, that picture of Miss Daisy is just precious. And your house is really lovely.

Wishing I were seeing you this weekend (sigh, sniff).

Unknown said...

Kat,

Love what you have done. The kitchen Santa topper is great along with the kitchen ornaments, what a great idea. And what a great Christmas card Miss Daisy would make. Does she not like her new outfits? You are way ahead of me, but I really don't have many decorations. Have a good evening! I'm off to see how Kari has decorated next.

~katie~ said...

Lovely lovely home!!

Blessings,
Katie

Lavender Chick said...

Beautiful pictures and beautiful home. So warm and inviting. I think I want to come to your house for Christmas!

Thanks for sharing - I got some great ideas!

Sandi McBride said...

oh oh, I want to be a guest in your guest room! It all looks so beautiful...makes me want to hold my breath

Tammy said...

Oh wow! Your home looks so beautiful and festive, Kat...I am in awe, in fact!
We'll be starting decorating this coming weekend...but won't get out tree until the weekend after that since we always have a fresh tree and want it to stay that way until New Years. But seeing your home makes me really excited about decorating!

And your Miss Daisy is adorable! :D

Theresa said...

first of all I love your give thanks today--I can't wait to start playing and listening to Christmas music.

Yes I know how it is with a pet, I try not to talk too much about my terrific cat sam- but animals sure can become part of the family- Miss Daisy looks terrific.

I also liked the wreaths at the end of the beds, what a great idea.

Dianne said...

WOW! I knew your house would be great...and I, like so many others, LOVE the outfit on the dog...TOO cute!

Jolene George said...

Oh my goodness! You have a beautifully festive home! I LOVE absolutely everything...honest! My favorite is the kitcken tree. :o)

Lyndy said...

Kat, Everything looks beautiful. Miss Daisy is adorable. Having a pet I adore I totally understand.

Hugs, Lyndy

*carrie* said...

Kat,

I enjoyed seeing all your decorations--isn't Christmas fun?!

Miss Daisy's outfit is hilarious--so festive!

Anonymous said...

I just think she is the cutiest little girl with her dress on. You know i love it.

Susie Q said...

Well Miss Daisy! You look beautiful!!
And so does your home! Your Mom has the best taste and style and I just knew it would be a stunner! It is WOW!
I especially love the little kitchen tree! How sweet is that? Oh, not as sweet as YOU Miss Daisy but still so very cute.

Now, you be a good girl and wear your lovely outfit & pose for lots of pictures. Kipper thinks you are the *cat's pajamas*, well, so to speak!

Hugs,
Sue

CG said...

I love seeing pics of your house; it's so beautiful!