I feel Christmas in the air! Today was a day that excites me, yet feels me with some dread. I love decorating the house for Christmas, but I sure hate have the mess around until it's all up and in place so we can sit back and enjoy it. And that's not gonna happen for a few more days.
I truly love a real tree...the look, the smell, the feel. But, as much as I'd love to have a real one this year, it's just not feasible since we're traveling alot throughout the whole month of December. Plus, none of the kids or grandchildren or my Mom are coming here...we're going there. I think this is the first Christmas ever that none of the family will be in our home during Christmas. sigh! Sooooo, this year I'm putting up our 9 foot pre-lit artificial tree.
This morning George and I met some friends for breakfast and then I did some Christmas shopping and ran some errands.
This afternoon I unpacked the ornaments:
I put together the tree and plugged it in:

Tomorrow after church I'll decorate the tree, but tonight I tried on Miss Daisy's new coat and gave her some lovin'
Doesn't she look cute? It's reversible...pink on one side and orange on the other and it's waterproof. It'll sure be nice to keep her from getting soaked when it rains.
Miss Daisy's not sure about wearing anything but her collar though.

I truly love a real tree...the look, the smell, the feel. But, as much as I'd love to have a real one this year, it's just not feasible since we're traveling alot throughout the whole month of December. Plus, none of the kids or grandchildren or my Mom are coming here...we're going there. I think this is the first Christmas ever that none of the family will be in our home during Christmas. sigh! Sooooo, this year I'm putting up our 9 foot pre-lit artificial tree.
This morning George and I met some friends for breakfast and then I did some Christmas shopping and ran some errands.
This afternoon I unpacked the ornaments:
Tomorrow after church I'll decorate the tree, but tonight I tried on Miss Daisy's new coat and gave her some lovin'

25 comments:
That's what I did today, too. UGH...what a mess!
Will call today or tomorrow...
Decorating here too - it takes me days!
Love Daisy's new coat. So cute. I just bought Baxter a santa coat - he gets so mad at me when I put it on and my boys think I have completely lost it!
Melissa
Thanks for the inspiration! I got as far as the attic...
Miss Daisy looks divine~ does she have the rain boots to match? I think you definitely need a pair of pink wellies and an umbrella!
She is precious! I keep wanting to buy Zoe something to wear (she's a cat) and Gary says she will go nuts!!! But those little outfits are soooo cute!
Glad you had a good thanksgiving. We're back home now too and in the middle of a huge mess of decorating 5 trees! Yeah, I go a little overboard cause I LOVE Christmas!
Hope to see you soon!
Tracey
I just got home from church and saw what a mess you have in your house with all the decorations all over. Hahaha! Have fun! I know that it will look bea-u-ti-ful when you are done.
Oh Miss Daisy is adorable. I know what you mean about the decorating, it can be a chore but so loveley after it is done.
Hugs, Lyndy
Kat hi, we soooo have this in common. I love to decorate but hate hate the mess, if only it could be done in a day! I am going to post pics. when I finish. Love Miss Daisy's new coat...
Much love,
Sheila
Hi "Kat", I just popped in by chance and what a treat.... I love your comment each day is a gift..(That's why they call it the present, but I'm sure you've heard that before) I also read your list of 100 things about you. We are very much the same in a lot of them. I really enjoyed that read and was not bored at all :0)
Miss Daisy is absolutely adorable in her coat.
I use to have a scotch terrier called Angus McDuff, and he looked so handsome in his red wool plaid coat. He liked wearing it as he knew it meant "going for a Walk"
I was so broken hearted I just never replaced him when he died, However all my friends have dogs so I enjoy showering them with my home-made treats!
I enjoyed my visit and thank-you for inviting me..This is a very interesting place and I will have to return...
((((hugs))))
Maggie in Canada..
PS You look too young to be a gramma!!!!Blessings sent your way and may you continue to be a survivor.
Miss Daisy looks so cute. I love her pink coat. And your blog looks great for the holidays. You'll have to show us pictures of the finished project. We are getting our tree this coming weekend, but I can't find my lights. Hope I find them before the weekend.
We are decorating today. I love your new blog header...gorgeous! Certainly puts me in the Christmas spirit!
I love real trees, too, but for various reasons we haven't had one since we've been married. As far as the decorating mess, I decided this year I'd make trips up and down to the basement, both to put away the fall/T'giving stuff, and haul up the Christmas stuff and it was so much easier and less mess. And I got a good workout, too! ha! I haven't gotten the tree up but I'm just putting the finishing touches on the rest of the house and Doug is hanging wreaths on our windows outside. I'll do the tree tonight or a couple evenings this week. See you soon, girlfriend!
Hi Kat,
Great to hear you made it home safely! We're decking the halls here to ~ first ones in the neighborhood with lights on the house! Tree is up and I've scaled down my decorations this year to be "less clutter" and really concentrated on decorating with those things that have special meaning to our family. The rest is just in the way.
Hope you have a wonderful week. Can you believe that at the end of it it will be DECEMBER?
Blessings,
Sandy :)
Worthy of another comment ~ Miss Daisy looks rather POSH in her beautiful outfit!
Blessings,
Sandy :)
Yep - you've got your work cut out for you. But just think how beautiful the house will look when you're all done! Well, at least that's what I'm telling myself! =)
What a sweet Santa's Elf Miss Daisy is. I'm like you, I love a real tree and up until the late 0's always had one...but that's a story for another day, lol...your ornaments look like mine...well loved...my tree is up, the decorating will take time, tho! I can't make up my mind where I want to put what...know what I mean jellybean?
Oh my Kat...you've been busy. I haven't started my Christmas decorating yet but I did manage to get the fall things all put away.
Miss Daisy looks adorable!!!
I know what it is like to do all that and no one come. I have been nuts because for the first time my sis and a friend are coming for a girls weekend. I tired,but excited. Can't wait to see yours.
I plan n decorating next week, I need to clean first-ugh! However I am very excited to have the house decorated.
I loved your picture of your ornaments- and your sided bar of thankfulness today- yes so many oranaments bring back special memories.
Miss Daisy looks ready for the cold weather, had to chuckle at the collar only comment.
Every year I consider buying a fake tree, but every year I just can't do it. I still put up with a real one, I think because of the fragrance. But I do miss the way Lisa used to decorate it for me. It's not my gift.
Kat, I'm eagerly awaiting photos of your wonderful Christmas tree.
We haven't had a real tree in years, due to allergies! I love the smell of a real tree!
I think we're just about finished. My photos are at photobucket, with a link at the back porch.
Happy decorating! Pat
Miss Daisy looks beautiful in her coat!! Have a good night's rest. Mary
Miss Daisy looks wonderful...and I cannot wait to see your decorated tree. Your ornaments are soooooo pretty. I love the ones that look like candy - you know, the bright, shiny glass ones. (It's the seagull in me again. Anything shiny and I'm all over it. ha)
Love your new banner, too!
I can understand that you are exhausted now after all that work. I'm sure the house looks lovely now.
And Miss Daisy doesn't like her dress that much it seems. Typical animals, they don't like to wear clothes LOL.
Hope you have a relaxed week.
Love Elzie
Kat you look gorgeous! Ilove the pups too! :)
Oh how absolutely uptown Miss Daisy looks! I think I caught Kipper giving her picture quite the look see! : )
Hugs,
Sue
Post a Comment