Like many of you, Mom, Sherry and I spent w-a-y too much time today doing some after Christmas shopping. They started a few hours before me since I had tennis this morning, but I joined them afterwards and we shopped, had lunch and then shopped some more. Between the tennis and the shopping, I'm pooped tonight! We shopped until we dropped!~~~~~~
~~~~~~
Tomorrow morning Mom, Sherry and I are driving to Mobile for the weekend to visit Bellingrath Gardens and Home for their Magic Christmas in Lights.
From their website:
"The holiday tradition continues as Bellingrath Gardens and Home celebrates Magic Christmas in Lights. Stroll through over 3 million sparkling lights and over 835 displays throughout the 65 acre Garden estate. The Bellingrath Home is decorated in its holiday finery and poinsettias encompass the Gardens. Nightly choral performances are held on the South Terrace of the Bellingrath Home."
I've got my camera packed.
~~~~~~
19 comments:
What a neat tradition and what beautiful pictures! Have fun seeing the gardens. I can't wait to see the pictures!
Hi Kat,
Those photos are gorgeous! You are so lucky to have two talented photographers in your family and the pearl idea is a great one. Have fun today with your Mom and Sherry!
I can tell y'all are having a big time. Enjoy!
Those are precious photos with their pearls. What a treasure.
Love the pearl necklaces. My mother-in-law did that for my daughter when she was young. Such a keepsake!!
The pictures are beautiful! Nothing like a picture of a grandchild...except the real thing of course! Have a fun day!
Those pictures are beautiful and what a great idea with the pearls. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.
Blessings,
Linda
I think the graduated pearl tradition is splendid and your granddaughters are beautiful!
I looked at the video of Bellingrath. Wow! How spectactular! I'm sure you, your Mom and Sherry will have a great time there. I just can't get over how active and fun you all are. Shopping and tennis, etc. Do any of you ever sleep? :)
Enjoy your New Year! xxoo
Loved the pics and the pearls...and the girls! There can NEVER be too much shopping, in my opinion! Carry on while you are in the Mobile area...lots of cute stuff there, too! Just don't send any of it to me...I can not find room for what I have! This box stuff is taking some sweet time!
Drive carefully!
Lovely pictures. The pearls are a wonderful keepsake. Have fun at Bellingrath. It has been many, many years since I visited there. It was beautiful then and always said I would go back, just never have.
Have a great day!! Happpy New YEar
Love the pictures of your granddaughters with their pearls. Ya know us southern girls have to have our pearls. Happy New Year to you, George and Miss Daisy!
I love the pearl idea...what a special memory for all. The pictures are fabulous as well. I hope you've had a lovely time of celebration and I can't wait to see the pictures from your trip! It sounds divine!
:-) Susan
Oh, I LOVE Bellingrath Gardens! My sister Mary Ellen lived in Mobile for years, and we went to the Gardens several times while visiting her.
Those pictures of the girls with their pearls are just too gorgeous for words. What a treasure - the pearls, the girls, and the pictures.
The pearls are one awesome tradition! Love it!
Just enjoy yourself right now Kat and don't worry about blogging! We'll all be right here when you get back to normal. What's normal anyway? I hear its extrememly over-rated!
Hi Kat,
I know the feeling of shopping til you drop...I have been to Bellingrath Gardens at Christmas and it is beautiful. Hope you all have a safe trip. Great tradition with the pearls for your granddaughters.
Love those pictures!!! Sadly, as an aspiring photographer, the one thing I rarely do is actually print my photos! But you are motivating me to get to change that!
Glad to hear you had a wonderful holiday!!! Take care!!
What a beautiful tradition! Your granddaughter are so precious! I have 3 of my own and I know how much I love them.... Happy New Year!
xoxo,
Cathleen
What a neat idea!
Those girls are gorgeous. What beautiful photography!
What a great idea for your granddaughters and the pearls! The photos are lovely!
What a precious gift! Your granddaughters are beautiful! Love the idea of pearls and it being a gift you can add to!
Happy Holidays!
Sheila
Post a Comment