Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A NAP MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE

It seems I've lived in a perpetual state of exhaustion since before Thanksgiving. I haven't been getting my normal exercise, I've eaten terribly and I've been on the go constantly. I've stayed up too late and I've started my days before my mind and body was ready. And I feel discombobulated...sooooo much to do and I don't know where to start.

This morning after Mom and Sherry left, I tried to do a few things around the house, but honestly my heart wasn't in it. I finally gave in and just took a nap. A three hour nap. Awwww...much better. I think I'll do it again for the next few days. It can't hurt. Right?

Tonight we had dinner with our friends Jack & Linda and Jane and Ed.







Kat

16 comments:

kari and kijsa said...

Mmm...a good nap!
Here's to a joyful Christmas and a Happy New Year!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

Unknown said...

Discombobulated! I love that word!
I'm a huge believer in Naps! Yes siree!

I think many of us have been overdoing it with activities and of course with the eating this last month. I'm really trying to gear myself up to get back into my walking/eating routines! Why is it so hard? *boohoo*But I surely want to feel better!

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Oh my gosh Kat, I feel the exact same way. . . just out of sorts, not my normal routine, just not myself. It's exhaustion I tell ya, plain, simple exhaustion. With that said, I will now allow myself a 3 hour nap too :)

Happy New Year!

Blessings,

Sher

Jean said...

A three hour nap. That's what I'm going to need one of these days. For some reason, even though I'm on break from school this week, I am waking up at my regular time every morning, but going to bed after midnight. What is up with that? I'll probably finally feel the exhaustion next Monday when I have to return to school.

Anonymous said...

Thats what I did yesterday too. The weather here has been crummy and I have just too much sugar in my system. I am going to a fondue tonight and then on to normal eating after that. Happy New Year Best Wishes for 2009, a couple of days of rest for you and you will feel like yourself again. Donna

Heather said...

Good for you! Some days just call for a three hour nap and you took full advantage of that calling...my kind of lady! :)

I hope you have a fantastic new year! I'm looking forward to reading your lovely words in 2009.

Hugs!

Judy said...

Kat! Here's wishing you and your hubby a Happy New Year and hopefully I'll get a chance to visit you in "Paradise" this spring/summer!

Hugs!

Judy

Sometimes It's Good said...

Naps are good! I think everyone's waiting until after New Year's Day to get back to a regular schedule and normal food. We've all been partying for 2 months!
Happy New Year and hugs,
Susan

Julie said...

You read my mind!!! I need one and now. Poor Don has had bronchitis and a sinus infection. We may have to delay the start of his year long treatment until he is well...:0(

Anonymous said...

There are times when a nap is the best medicine!

Happy New Year Kat!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

A nap is always good.

Jill said...

Oh gosh, I could use a 3 hour nap any day! I fell asleep at 8:30 last night on top of the covers on our bed, in my clothes with my contacts in. Doug was watching the football game and Adam had just gone to bed. I was EXHAUSTED. Happy New Year!

andi said...

Indeed, I didn't get out of pjs until 7:00 pm. I was too busy undoing decorations! I am so with you!!!! Naps are a life saver!

Unknown said...

Hi Kat,

Looks like a fun time with good friends. Sometimes we need naps to recharge. It's nice to get back to normal isn't it? I hope you had a wonderful 2008 and a blessed 2009. Happy New Year.

Terri Steffes said...

I believe I will try that tomorrow!

Happy New Years!

Lisa Pogue said...

A nap does a body good sometimes doesn't it. My plan is to get back on my exercise routine on January 1st. I have to. I've also been tired and sluggish from eating wayyyyy too much bad stuff. I shouldn't do it but I love the snack foods of the season!! Happy New Year to yours and be safe no matter what you choose to do!!