Sunday, December 21, 2008

OUR WHIRLWIND CHRISTMAS WEEKEND

We're home....happy, but EXHAUSTED!

It was a true whirlwind of a trip. We got to see all of our children and grandchildren and almost everyone in my family. How blessed I feel!

Here's a bit of our weekend...in no particular order.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Three of our grandchildren (Eric and Angela's) were in a Family Theatre production called "A Night of Children's Plays". There were 7 different short plays and 6 of them were written by children.

Here's a photo of the choir members. Our granddaughters were adorable. Kaley Grace is in the black dress and Sydney Anne is in the center with the white shirt and pigtails.

Here's a short video. I think they sounded pretty darn good!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In "The Tale of the Lost Sheep" our grandson, Landon, plays the wolf.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In "Christmas Animals", Landon played a dog...he's the one with the long ears in the black outfit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This was my favorite. In "The Further Adventures of Zip the Magic Dragon: Zip Meets Indiana Bones", Landon played another dog - Indiana Bones (instead of Indiana Jones)...how cute is that?! These photos didn't turn out that great because of the lighting. Darn...you can't see how cute he looks with his long doggy ears and his Indiana Jones hat.

I didn't get a photo of it, but it was really cute to see all the "actors" walk around and sign autographs after the play. Of course, I now have my autographed program in with my keepsakes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was a great Saturday for our son's Finger Football game. Zelosport held a Finger Football tournament at Peachtree Mall in Columbus right outside Macy's entrance. There were 32 tables of players and lots of excitement.

Here's Eric showing the "check" to be presented to the winner.

Eric and George before the games begin.




As you can tell from the photos, everyone was having fun....girls, guys, every age.
The tournament was covered by CNN and the local news. If I find out when it will be shown on CNN, I'll let you know.
Check out all the fun games by clicking here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I stopped by to visit Bet aka "Other Mother". She was thrilled with her Christmas gift. She loves pink flamingos and she loved the t-shirt I found on our New England trip. You won't believe her Christmas decorations. I took lots of photos, but I don't have enough time to show them tonight. I'll do a separate post later.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mom's annual family Christmas party was so much fun, but CHAOTIC - BIG TIME!
There was over 40 of us. I had my camera, but it seemed my hands were always full of something...gifts, food, a drink, or a grandchild! LOL
Here's Mom passing out her stockings. Yes, she does one for every single one of us.
Here's just one photo of part of the crowd. See George there in the middle laughing at me even trying to take a photo in the middle of the chaos. There were people EVERYWHERE!!! Most of the little ones were on the floor between George and me. Plus there was more standing in the kitchen. Chaos...pure chaos. And loud too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I must admit it was a little disappointing for George and I that we couldn't have all our children and grandchildren together for breakfast or lunch like we did last year, but we just couldn't make it work out with everyone's schedule this year. So....we celebrated with each individual family at one time or another during our whirlwind trip.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I didn't get photos of when we opened stockings and gifts with Kim and Mike and our 3 oldest grandchildren yesterday...too much going on.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last night after Mom's party we got together with George and Jan and the kids. Here's Dalton, Karrigan and Carson opening the stockings we filled for them. Karrigan was so excited this year.
This morning we celebrated with Eric and Angela and the kids at their house. Angela made a wonderful big breakfast for us.

It was fun watching Sydney Anne, Kaley Grace and Landon open their stockings and gifts from us.

We're tired, but oh so blessed! Thank you Lord for our family.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Speaking of how tired I am...I'm off to bed. I've got tennis in the morning and then my Mom and Sherry arrive sometime tomorrow afternoon. We're so happy that they will be here for the Holidays.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Merry Christmas everyone!


Christmas hugs and kisses,
Kat

27 comments:

Harbor Hon said...

You are truly blessed, sweet girl, with such a large and wonderful family. Everyone looks well and glad to see such smiles on everyone's face. I think you should be tired too after all that. Thanks for sharing your whirlwind family get together with us. Merry Christmas Kat, George, Miss Daisy and family! xxoo

Sheila said...

Kat I am soo glad you had a wonderful safe trip with your family members and what great pics. I know you are tired, but I know it was soo worth it. I hope you have a good day for tennis and I know you and your Mom and Sherry will have lots of fun during the Holidays! So glad you had a safe trip home.
Merry Christmas
Sheila

Mari said...

No wonder you're tired - you really fit a lot into the week! Looks like a lot of fun, happy family times!

Jean said...

I enjoyed every stop on your trip - so much love laughter everywhere you went.

Tonja said...

Oh My! And I thought Santa made whirlwind trips!

Looks like everyone had fun and sweet memories were made!

Enjoy this Christmas week! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

oh My . I am worn out just looking at all the Christmas chaos. It must have been fun though. Can't wait to see more pics. Christmas will be quiet for you after all that. Enjoy! Merry Christmas to you George and Miss Daisy , Donna

Patty said...

I enjoyed this post so much. Your grandchildren and the other children sounded great! Thank you for allowing us to hear them. A video is always so much fun. :)

I remember the days if all the family getting together and how loud it was...ahh the memories. lol

We are not having company this year and that is so strange but it just happened to work out that way.

Have a wonderful time with your mom and aunt and Merry Christmas!
Hugs,
Patty

Sandy McTier Designs said...

WOW! Looks like you had a TON of fun! I hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas and very Happy New Year!
Blessings,
Sandy

Becky said...

Kat, you are truly blessed! What a beautiful family and wonderful memories you've made again this year! I'm glad the two of you are home safe and sound. Now you can just settle in a have a nice quit time with your mom and Sherry!

Julie said...

Just wanted to stop by and wish you a very Merry Christmas! I enjoy your blog so much!

heidi said...

oh my you ARE busy!! But it looks like so much fun and I'm glad you had the opportunity to visit. I used to house hop during the holidays and now I've decided to make my household happy for a while at least...they are home bodies. Your grandkids did a wonderful job. Loved the costumes. Merry Christmas. ;o) Heidi

Barbara said...

It looks like you had a wonderful and very busy time with your family.. wishing you a blessed, peaceful Christmas with your mom and aunt.

xox

Anonymous said...

It all sounds amazingly wonderful, Kat. I loved all the photos.

Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Oh Kat, what a joy it was to read this! You sounded so joyful in your writing. I understand the Chaos with family, but that is what makes it fun!!! George and my hubby could trade a few stories about their photo crazy wives! I love photos! and with digital now, I take a photo of just about everything we eat, just in case I get a blogging post idea about it later!
Merry Christmas sweetie!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Whirlwind for sure, Kat! Looks like a lot of fun for your BIG family. Glad you are back safe & sound & your mom will be there. Y'all enjoy your week, Merry Christmas!

YaYa's Funhouse said...

Looks like you have an awesome family. I know you had a blast...makin memories.
Merry CHristmas.

Andi said...

Oh what precious children! And yes, the singing is wonderful! I just adore when all my family is together and the noise of everyone talking and laughing. I know you had so much fun being together.

Merry Christmas to You!

Love, Andi

Unknown said...

It looks like you had a great time with your family! That's alot of people at your Mom's house but I bet it was so much fun. I am glad she will be with you this Christmas. Merry Christmas Kat!

Ms. ~K said...

Whew! I'm exhausted just reading about all the excitement.
What a wonderful family you have.
You're related to more people than I know-chuckle!!!

Happy Holidays,
~K

Kathy said...

What wonderful pictures, Kat!

I want to take the opportunity to wish you a wonderful, merry Christmas and a new year filled with love and joy!
XO,
Kathy

Lavender Chick said...

Hi! I'm having fun getting caught up with you... I'm so behind. You have had a busy, busy month! Love all the photos - you are very blessed with a beautiful, loving family.

Merry Christmas!

andi said...

Merry Christmas! Looks like lots of fun! We have been in a whirlwind, but today, it was calm. :)

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

What a wonderful family you have. Such sweet memories you made.Merry CHRISTmas...m...

Terri Steffes said...

Oh, Kat, I can see why you are exhausted, but what a wonderful reason to BE exhausted. Your family is lovely! I know it is so hard to get all schedules coordinated but I think it is wonderful that you got to see everyone. I know your grandbabies appreciate it to!

Jill said...

I've had some catch-up reading to do and I loved seeing all your photos and reading about your "Family Christmas Tour". What fun! Merry Christmas to you and George and Miss Daisy, too!

Susie Q said...

What a wonderful family...I always longed for a close BIG family!!
So joyous!!

Merry Christmas dear friend...I send love and many warm hugs to you and your family.

Sue

Lori said...

Hi Kat! What a trip! Your blog is one of my absolute favorites and I wanted to wish you a happy holiday season and many blessings for the New Year!

Lori