Thursday, December 18, 2008

CHRISTMAS IN JACKSON

We had an easy drive to Jackson yesterday and (yeah!) everything fit into our "sleigh".  Jay and Bree cooked a delicious meal of grilled steak, baked potatoes and a wedge salad.  Then they treated us to play tickets to see A Christmas Carol.


The play was very very good and it was a perfect way to celebrate Christmas with them.  The cast and costumes were incredible.

After the play, most of the actors stayed on stage for questions and answers.  I've never seen this done before and it was very interesting.

On the way home we rode around and looked at Christmas lights.  We're having a good time.
~~~~~~

If you didn't read my last post, please go now and read it HERE.  I've got a great gift idea for you and a 30% savings too. It's really cool and your guys are gonna love it. Tell your friends and/or add a link to my post...pretty please.




Christmas hugs and kisses,
Kat

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time, Kat. I love the photo of you all!

I would love to see this play. I wrote about my "encounter" with Mr Scrooge, in today's post.

Mari said...

What a fun time. I love A Christmas Carol and I bet it's great to see in play form!

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Kat, It sounds like the perfect outing. I am glad you enjoyed yourself. These are the things that really get you into the Christmas Spirit. Have a great day!

Zaankali said...

I posted a picture just for you today. Thanks for sharing your ideas. My hubby feels loved because of it.
Smiles!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

What a wonderful family photo! Beautiful!
I have both friends and family in Jackson! Small world!

Lori said...

Kat. . it sounds a great start for your Christmas holiday. Have a wonderful time and check in to let us know what you're up to.

Lori

Cherdecor said...

I LOVE the Christmas Carol and to see it live would be incredible!
Glad you are having a great time!
Blessings,
Cheryl

Harbor Hon said...

Sounds like your visit is already off to a great start. I adore family pictures the most. Glad to hear the 'sleigh' held all the goodies. Did Miss Daisy enjoy her ride? xxoo

Tonja said...

Sounds like fun! How's the weather there? The kids here were in shorts today at school!

Guess what was the first mail I pulled out of the Creek House mailbox? Your Christmas card! Thanks!

Unknown said...

That was a wonderful idea to go and see the play. That is a great photo of all of you guys. I bet you are having fun with your girl!

Becky said...

I'm glad you guys made it safely to Jackson. Sounds like y'all had a fabulous evening!!! My sister lives in Canton, MS!

Sandi McBride said...

What a wonderful way to spend the Christmas holidays, with loving family at a play! We were just talking about how we miss going to the Christmas Pantomime at the Windsor theater in Windsor! Lucky you to get to see a Christmas Carol on stage!
hugs
Sandi

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Great pics, Kat! Glad you are getting to see Bree and her guy. I love to go to plays, that must have been fun. Hope y'all have a wonderful Christmas! xoxo

Melissa said...

Sounds like a wonderful time.