Tuesday, December 23, 2008

HE IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON

I love this doodle Rick at Organized Doodles posted today. In our hustle and bustle to get ready for Christmas, it's important that we remember...HE is the reason for the season.

~~~~~~

Mom and Sherry arrived yesterday afternoon and we've been having a ball from the "get-go". We're doing our normal things....eating, drinking, playing games, laughing, cooking, etc. This afternoon we made hot Vidallia Onion Dip and enjoyed it with some hot crusty bread and red wine. Oh my!


Sher at Sher's Creative Expressions has posted a few times recently about making bread in her bread machine, so I asked for some of her recipes. I used to use my bread machine all.the.time, but I haven't used it for years. I dusted it off and we made some potato bread. Is there anything better than hot homemade bread??? Not to mention the wonderful smell. Thanks Sher for the recipes.

~~~~~~
I recently won a giveway by Natalie at Fl Home Blog. My package arrived yesterday. Look at the cute gift wrapping on my gifts. I think they look so cute next to one of my Santas. Thanks Natalie.

~~~~~~
It's so hard to believe that tomorrow is Christmas Eve! Wow...this month has really flown by. Tomorrow Mom, Sherry and I are making our Christmas cookies. Oh yes, for those of you who remember our tradition, our silly hats and aprons have been unpacked. There will be photos!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!


Christmas hugs and kisses,
Kat

22 comments:

Mari said...

I love Ricks drawing! Happy cooking tomorrow - I'll be looking forward to pictures.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I hope that you and yours have a very Merry CHRISTmas!

Enjoy!

Rick said...

Honored to have my doodle on your fine blog. Merry Christmas and God bless.

I'm looking forward to all the Christmas "reports."

Rick

Anonymous said...

Oh My that dip looks scrumptious , could you please share the recipe. I asked Santa for a bread maker so i hope he comes though. If not i will buy myself one. Have fun baking tomorrow , Merry Christmas. Donna

Sheila said...

Kat I am so glad your Mom and Sherry are with you and George and Miss Daisy for Christmas! You girls have fun making cookies, playing games, eating, laughing and having fun.
Merry Christmas to each of you!
Much love,
Sheila

Unknown said...

Even though I'm reading this at nearly 3 a.m., I'm drooling at the sight of that soup and bread! Can't wait to see those hats and apron photos!
Shane and I finished our cookies and peanut butter balls today and will deliver platters to the neighbors tomorrow.

Meggie said...

Merry Christmas, Kat, to you and your family during this wonderful celebration of HIS birth!

Becky said...

Have fun making cookies today. I made them yesterday and today am making oreo balls with my mom and sis! Can't wait to see your pics!

Jean said...

Hope your having a great time today. I'm sure your house smells amazing.

Wow, that bread and onion dip made me hungry.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Kat!

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Kat, Wishing you and your family a wonderful and blessed Christmas! ~hugs, Rhonda :)

Lavender Chick said...

Merry Christmas! I sure would love that Vidalia onion recipe....

Unknown said...

Hi Kat,

Love that drawing and it's a great reminder. I used to have a bread machine and it did make wonderful bread. Yours look delish with the dip and wine. Have fun with your Mom and Aunt Sherry. Merry Christmas!

wendy said...

Just a quick little merry christmas from SLC Utah. Found your blog (I am at work, nothing to do) doing a little Blog walking (not stalking) Nice to find a Blog from a "mature" women like myself (I'm 57) as they are mostly young girls. Cute photos and stories, and I wish I were in Florida instead of freezing here in Utah.

Julie said...

I know you are having just a wonderful time!

Tonja said...

Have a wonderful day...full of love and smiles, good food and family! MERRY cHRISTMAS!

Tonja

andi said...

Merry Christmas! I hope you have a great Christmas

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

I've really enjoyed following your holiday preparations and travels. From our family to yours...Merry Christmas!

Terri Steffes said...

Now I want your vidalia onion dip! I hope you and yours enjoy a wonderful christmas!

Lyndy said...

Kat,

My goodness that dip looks wonderful!

Praying you and your family have a glorious and blessed Christmas.

Hugs, Lyndy

Lisa Pogue said...

Hi Kat, I just wanted to say Merry Christmas. I wish you a wonderful holiday. I told Santa I would really like a massage for Christmas. We'll see if he listened. )))))he hasn't for the past 2 years..(((((

Micki said...

Look how late I am getting to your blog. Nonetheless, may I simply ask......where is the Onion Dip recipe? Did I miss it somewhere?
Happy Dieting.....I'm writing this January 10th.