Saturday, December 13, 2008

PARDON ME WHILE I BRAG JUST A BIT...AND OTHER STUFF TOO

Our oldest grandson, Zac, is in a band and they recently performed at a local club in my hometown. It was BLACKOUT night (hence the cool grunge look) and I heard they did awesome !




This is the same kid that I begged...begged, pleaded and even tried to bribe...to let his hair grow out. I told him girls would want to run their fingers through his hair. That didn't work either. I begged him all through junior high and high school. No luck. He waits until he's in college before he decides his MeMe might be right. I know a lot of people don't like long hair on guys, but I do. ..as long as it's clean. He's got plenty of time to look professional once he's out of college and in the business world.

The band plays ROCK with a twist. Another member of the band is this very talented rapper.


Both of my daughter-in-loves, Jan and Angela, are photographers...really good ones I might add. I'm so proud of them. They both live in Georgia, so let me know if you need a photographer.

Jan took the above photos of Zac and the rapper. Wonderful job Jan and thanks for letting me share them.
(BTW...Zac belongs to our daughter Kim)
~~~~~~
And speaking of rappers...let's now talk about another kind of wrapper.


Yippee!

I've finished my decorating, my Christmas cards are in the mail, my shopping is complete and all I have left is to finish my wrapping and buy a few more things for George's stocking.
Gosh I wish I had one of those. Don't you feel like you need another hand? I actually enjoy wrapping. I just wish I could go all out and do pretty packages like I used to do when everyone lived in the same town. Now I can't do pretty bows, etc. since we have to load everything in the car and that means packages are stacked as high as possible. I'm worried how we're gonna get all the stockings, all the packages, our luggage, Miss Daisy and us into one car. We need some of Santa's magic.
~~~~~~
I'm almost to the point where I can just sit back and enjoy the Holidays. Almost. It's so close I can almost feel it. How about you?
~~~~~~
Brrrr...it's cold here, but our December nights are so beautiful. I took this photo a few nights ago from our arched front door:
And this one was taken last December.


Christmas hugs and kisses,
Kat

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures from your front door. I hear you are having a bit of a cold snap right now lol . Maybe it has dropped to around 70 and you might need sweaters. We are ecpecting a snowfall , on the westCoast of canada today. Wish I was there. I am almost ready , just a bit more wrapping to do , but nothing like you do. I love reading your blogs , I am going to try your spritz cookie recie too. Donna

Debra from Bungalow said...

Hi sweet Kat, Yep I did see your santas & they are the cutest! So full of memories for you too. You always have the best posts....I loved the garland on your bed ;).
Grandkids are great...my g'son plays the piano so beautifully.

Happy Holidays, DebraK

Becky said...

What a cutie patootie Zac is. Girl, I thought you were going to say you and George got all grunged out and went to hear him play! LOL!

I'm like you, I'm almost finished with my wrapping, decorating and I lack one gift card being finished with my shopping.

What beautiful sunsets. I actually captured one yesterday evening driving into Little Rock, but my camera is acting up so I'm not sure how it turned out.

Have a blessed Sunday!

Anonymous said...

I'm quickly visiting this evening, Kat. It's a Wonderful Life is on in a few minutes! Can't miss that. Even though we own the movie, we still watch it when it's on TV.

I loved hearing about your grandson. We have a Kim, too. She's Xanti and Noah's mom.

I love the cinnamon stick Santas! Thanks for the how-to!

Enjoy your weekend.

Harbor Hon said...

Go Zac! I love the long hair on guys too! I think that's why I love Tom Petty so much. :)

Lovely view of the sunset from your front arch. Nothing better than a beautiful sunset.

I'm still not done and my cards are not in the mail yet. With the job and everything I am way behind. Now I must get some sleep for tomorrow is another busy day. Safe and happy weekend Kat! xxoo

Dianne said...

Blogs are a great avenue for bragging, aren't they? I don't blame you!

Mari said...

Beautiful sunsets! I agree with you on Zac's hair. He looks way cooler with long hair!

Cherdecor said...

Zac does have beautiful hair. It looks like he has been playing the guitar for a while. I used to play a guitar. Oh yeah, it was a red electric one. That was when "red" was in! =)

Hugs,
Cheryl

Kathy said...

Cute kid, MeMe! I agree - love the hair. I always wanted my son to grow his out and he wouldn't. It's almost shaved now - but his fiance likes it short and that's really all that matters. I'm happy if they're happy! How exciting that the band is doing so well. I'm incredibly jealous, Kat - first of all because of your gorgeous pics from your front door. Do you know how much I regret that we didn't move our kids to Florida when they were babies????? It's too late now - we can't leave grandbabies! Secondly, DONE????? I'm happy for you Kat, but I want to be done and ready for Christmas so badly I can't stand it. I just want to be able to stay home in a clutter free house and watch Christmas movies and eat Christmas cookies - which I can't do because I haven't made any yet! There's hope for Monday!

Have a perfect weekend, Kat.
Kathy

Tardevil said...

Sounds like BeachKat needs an RV! I'm sure you're proud of your grandson. I agree, they need to grow the long hair while they can. My husband actually had an employer comment on his hair when he wore it spiked back in the early 90's. Not in a mohawk way, but that was the style then. Now, if you've got nothing to do, feel free to cruise up to NC & help a sista out! If I had 1/2 of what you have done, I'd be in great shape! (Shouldn't be blogging, should I?)

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Your grandson is a cutie! What is the name of the band?

The photos are fabulous! From one photographer to another....

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

We have not even got the tree up yet. So much to do. Have a great weekend...m..

Sondra Behne' said...

What v\are moms and grandmoms for if not for bragging. I do it every day, they are the loves of my life and what keeps me going, going and going.

Sondra

Angela Baylis said...

I never thought about the long hair before you mentioned it! I agree with you completely. They have their whole lives to look professional! He is SO cute! The pictures are great! You are too organized! I'm a little jealous!
Have a nice Sunday!
Love,
Angie xoxo

Melissa said...

Kat,

I would brag too. They all sound wonderful, just like you.

BTW! I like long hair, too. Nick has not cut his hair since his surgery almost 2 years ago. It looks beautiful.

Merry Christmas to you, my dear friend.

Love Melissa

Sometimes It's Good said...

Your photos of the sky are so beautiful! I love long hair too. I always had boyfriends with long hair. Zac is a cutie! The girls will fall for him.
Hugs, Susan

Anonymous said...

Your pic's are always so special. The trees outside your front door have really grown in the past year. Your grandson has certainly grown, too! He's a Heart Throb!!
Jo

Millie said...

Fabulous pics of your Zac & of course you're allowed to brag endlessly about your wonderful grandson!

Now that you've finished your own Christmas preparations, would you like to hop on a plane & head over to Australia please & do mine. Once I finish up with work for the year on Thurs. I'm off @ a zillion miles on hour to start & finish mine all in one hit. Just as well I work well under pressure! I think George needs to get you a T-shirt with WonderWoman printed on the front!
Millie ^_^

Ms. ~K said...

Hey Zac,
You Rock!!!

(is that what they say nowadays?)

Jean said...

Gift wrap or Gangsta wrap - that is so funny!

Those pictures are absolutely amazing!

Natalia said...

Awesome! My honey and my daughter are both musicians! Those photos are fantastic.


You're my winner! Congrats!

Please e-mail me your shipping info:

Natalie (at) HernandoLuxuryHomes dot com

I wish I could say I was done!


That view is gorgeous. I love it framed out by the palms. Just planted a couple more yesterday. In about 15 years they might look like yours, hahaha.

Sandi McBride said...

NO WHERE NEAR! But soon, soon I promise, I'll be done. You've worked so hard and the photos are wonderful. My son was in a band in college...Saragasso...they played all over and did well and suddenly it was over...sigh...now he's a responsible adult Newspaper Editor...but he still loves to play his guitar and his wife plays bass, lol! I hope they all keep that bit of reckless love for fun forever!
hugs
Sandi