Tuesday, December 09, 2008

BOY DO I HAVE SANTAS...... AND THIS & THAT

Now that I'm finished my decorating, I'm enjoying having the house all festive for the Holidays. Isn't it funny how once it's all done, we see why we do it year after year? I love twinkly white lights and the smells of Christmas, don't you? I love Santas too and thought I'd show you a few of mine. I didn't put them all out this year, but here's the ones I did.

This whimsical Santa sits on our wet bar. I think he's adorable on his unicycle.

This Santa sits on the sideboard in the dining room.

I have this one sitting on an antique chest in the foyer. I love the metal reindeer candle holder.

This one is sitting on a little table in our den. He's quite heavy. He might be filled with sand.
Even though this Santa isn't wearing the traditional red, I still love him. He's much prettier in person. I have him sitting on a chest in the master bedroom.

I love this Santa riding a reindeer. Darn...I just noticed Rudolph's red nose is missing! Hmmmm...wonder where it went. It seems this happens every other year or so. I don't know why I didn't notice it until now. The boxes are packed up already, so I'll have to find a subsitute nose. (that sounds pretty funny!)

I love these. This is the only Mrs. Claus I have.

Mom and I had fun one year (probably 15 years ago) and made these Santas out of cinnamon sticks and then we hand painted each one. Every year I love standing them up in my Spode creamer sitting beside our coffee pot.

Here's a close-up of their sweet little faces.


Mom and I also made these three cute Santas out of large dowels. I can't remember if we did it the same year as the cinnamon Santas. I'm thinking it was the next year. The photo doesn't do them justice. I have them standing on the kitchen window ledge under my kitchen Christmas wreath.
This cute Santa is on a bedside table in one of the guest rooms.

A neighbor our ours made this next Santa for me over 20 years ago. I have him standing on the floor by the office door.

This little Santa is in our powder room. A friend gave me that special hand towel...I love the messsage..."Friends Make the Best Presents"...so true!

I've had this Old World looking Santa for many many years. He has a big bundle of twigs, bird nests, etc. on his back. I have him sitting on a bookshelf in the living room.

As you can see, I love Santas. And believe me...I have sooooooo many Santa ornaments on my tree. I might post them another time. But, I must admit, my very favorite Santa is this sweet girl off for her golf cart ride with George.

~~~~~~
My mistletoe is hanging high up in the foyer, ready for anyone who wants to stand under it.

~~~~~~
Are you like me...feeling "stuffed" all the time. Feeling like Santa with his big belly? Eating, eating, eating and then more eating!
~~~~~~
Talk about eating....Here we are last night with our friends, Jack and Linda (on the right) and Robert and Carolyn (on the left) at Fat Clemenza's. Great pizza!

Here's the Tuesday Lunch Bunch today at Cafe Provence. Their chicken crepes are to die for!

~~~~~~

Pat at Back Porch Musings has passed along this special award. Thank you so much Pat!

I am to list five favorite things. Let's see.... There's so much I could name, but I think I'll just repeat some of my favorite things I've mentioned in this post.
~~~
Santas
Twinkling white Christmas lights
Lunch/Dinners with friends
Miss Daisy
Smells of Christmas
~~~
I'd like to pass this along to YOU! If you leave a comment. Ha! Got 'cha!
~~~~~~
Sheila at Gim'Me Memories is doing a My Favorite Things challenge. Stop by and play along.



Hugs and kisses,
Kat

35 comments:

Becky said...

Hey Kat;

I love all your santa's. My goodness you have soooo many! Ms. Daisy looks absolutely adorable in her santa hat!

Are you and Linda kin? You favor alot.

Natalia said...

My daughter and I enjoyed looking at all your beautiful Santas. Our favorites were the cinnamon stick ones. Just too adorable for words. Thanks for sharing.

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

kat, I love your Santa's. Isn't it funny how each one has it's own character. They are so fun!!!
Hugs, Terrie

Barbara said...

I enjoyed looking at all your sweet santas! I'm sure you're glad all the decorations are up, and most of the gifts bought....good for you!!

Tonja said...

Loved all the Santas! Mine are probably feeling quite cramped now, since they are not getting to get out of their box this year!

Watch your mail...

Mari said...

I love all your Santas! You've got a fun collection of many types. The cinnamon stick ones are really cute!

Judy said...

I've got quite a few Santas too but only put out two so far...I can't seem to get my butt in gear and finish up my decorating....I'm still not over this darn cold!

Those cinnamon stick santas are just precious....you need to post how you and your mom made them.

XOXO
Judy

Cherry Hill Cottage~ said...

Kat...lovelovelove your collection of Santas! I don't know which one is my favorite! Like you, I'm loving the one on the golf cart! How CUTE AND DARLING with that Santa hat on!!

Tina~
Cherry Hill Cottage...

Lisa Pogue said...

I think it's so cool how many different Santa's one can come up with. The old time looking Santa's are my favorite. I really like the one by the deer candle. But really, can we pick just one? Not me...

Does Miss Daisy keep her hat on a while? My dog would be going whacko.

Anonymous said...

Your Santas are all so cute.
Thanks for sharing and posting about where each one was sitting.
As an RN I use to work in a
Nursing Home and we would
put out decorations for the residents. And always
made sure we included Santa
Pamela from NE Ohio

Love Being A Nonny said...

Love the santas...but love the backsplash even more!!! merry merry!

Harbor Hon said...

I have to agree, I like the cinammon santas the best. My sister would adore your collection as she love her some Santa too. Thanks so much for sharing all of them with us. I still believe! xxoo

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOUR SANTA'S!!!OMG if only I were you daughter. hehe

Rhonda said...

So cute! I especially like the cinnamon stick Santas!

Heather said...

I love all of your Santas!! They are so adorable. I'd love to hear how in the world you made those cinnamon stick ones!

I haven't been by to comment lately but I'm still reading and really enjoying seeing all of your decorations!

Lori said...

Hi Kat! I love the Santas. I collect them too. I adore that fat, jolly, white haired man. haha. The cinnamon Santas were absolutely adorable. Thanks for stopping by & leaving your kind post.

Lori

Terri Steffes said...

I love your Santas! What a great collection. The dog Santa (!) is cute too!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I love those, Kat! My favs are the one with sand in it and the ones you made! How'd you do that? What makes the beards texturized? So cute!

andi said...

You are so going to laugh, but I had tried to hang garland on my headboard. It didn't look this nice...not at all. I'll give it another shot after seeing yours. How did you attach it? The Santas were very cute!

Kathy said...

Yes, you DO have Santa's! They're all darling. Love the one your neighbor made you and the cinnamon stick Santa's are really clever - so cute!
Merry Christmas, Kat!
Kathy

Anonymous said...

OMG ! I totally remember when we made those cinnamon stick Santas !! I think I still have one too :)
I love your new Santa !
Love you,
Jan:)

Jean said...

Such cute Santas!

I was feeling "stuffed" this past weekend and made some goals for myself for these two weeks till my Christmas program. I've done great so far (a whole two days, ha, ha, ha!!)

A Hint of Home said...

I love your Santas. I'm partial to Santas anyway. I've collected and painted many of mine. I posted them a couple of posts back. I love getting them out each year.
Your home is lovely.

Gone said...

Awwwwwwwww Kat...your collection of Santa's is so cute. I love the doggy Santa, too!!!

~Blessings,
Jan

ps...I saw at Kathy's that you went to bed hungry? If you're still hungry, stop by this morning and take a peek at my cookies!!!

Anonymous said...

I love all your santas!!! So cute!

Julie said...

Yep! I like Daisy Santa best too!!

Monica said...

wonderful collection of Santas. So many cute ones too, I liked the white one too, and the homemade ones. And might I add, your house is gor-geous!

Anonymous said...

You have a terrific collection of Santas. I especially like the ones you and your mom made from the cinnamon sticks. xoxo

Sometimes It's Good said...

You have such a great collection of Santas. I love them. I agree that you should post a tutorial on how to make the cinnamon stick santas. They are adorable! You know your blog is always inspiring!

It's Always Something Around Here said...

I love all your Santas!!!

Your home is just beautiful!

Lou Ann

Jill said...

I love santas, too. I started collecting them about 5 years ago. This year, however, Adam is afraid of most of them. I finally figured out he associates the pointy hat most santas have on with witches. I am sure he'll outgrow that in a couple years. 'Cause mama IS going to display her santas.

Juri said...

I LOVE the Santas!!! What a wonderful collection! By the way, for you, I just blogged the pumpkin pie recipe...so when you get a chance...check it out.

Juri

melissa said...

Just catching up with your blog, Kat. Love all your Christmas decorations, especially your santa collection :)

Melissa

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful Santas. Carolyn, Harbor Hon, suggested I stop by and check them out.
I'm having a Christmas book giveaway thru the weekend, hope you'll stop by.

Unknown said...

Hi Kat,

Your Santas are so much fun! I have a "thing" for snowmen. LOL I have them all over the place. I like the Santa on the unicycle and your furry Santa is the cutest of all.