Monday, December 15, 2008

DEAR RUDOLPH

Dear Rudolph with your nose so bright, I sure do need your help tonight! I know Santa is pretty busy right now, so I hated to bother him with my little "situation". I'm hoping you can help me. You see, my hubby and I are leaving on Wednesday to begin delivering gifts and stockings to our children and grandchildren in 3 different cities (two states). I've started gathering things together tonight. See:

And Rudolph I'm worried about getting all of this "stuff" into our sleigh along with our luggage, our sweet Miss Daisy, her crate and us.
So Rudolph can you send me some advice on how Santa does it.... or even better, can you send me some of Santa's magic? I would be ever so thankful.

Christmas hugs and kisses,
Kat
(ps....I love your cute little red nose...it makes you special! Don't tell the other reindeer, but you've always been my favorite.)

25 comments:

Mari said...

Rudolph is pretty cute! Good luck with all those deliveries!

Becky said...

Bless your heart! Hopefully you have an SUV to deliver your things!

DESIGN BY CATHLEEN said...

No Problem, Santa has a large Red SUV! I sure hope you do! Good Luck! Next year you might want to think Gift Cards..... LoL

xoxo,
Cathleen

Susie Q said...

It is just magic! Somehow it all fits in just right...Rudolph will tell you! And I love him too!

I know you will enjoy delivering your goodies SO much!!

Love,
Sue

Love Being A Nonny said...

Pull a trailer? Sometimes when we visit our daughter in another state, we have so much, we've had to pull a trailer several times!! Merry Merry!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm . . . looks like you just might need a sleigh! Have fun delivering all your wonderful gifts and just being with your family. xoxo

Antique Mommy said...

Santa has baggage handlers called elves. Get yourself some elves sister!

fawndear said...

I hope you find your sleigh magic! What a fun stash.

Lovin the cartoon as well.

Anonymous said...

This is such a cute post!

Many many years ago, we were all packed and ready to leave for Christmas with our parents, about a 3 hour drive. Our home was at the top of a curvy hill. The driveway circled around to the highway. There was about a foot of snow on the ground. We backed to the very back of the garage and made a mad dash for the highway..safely making it there with our "sleigh" full of goodies and all the kiddo's too. As we reached the end of the driveway, about to enter the highway, I remembered all the loaves of pumpkin bread and boston brown bread were sitting on the kitchen table, all the way back up the hill. We didn't even try to drive up the hill...instead we walked back up to retrieve the precious bread! I don't know why, but your post about packing up your "sleigh" reminded me of that long ago Christmas!

Enjoy your Christmas visits, Kat!

Terri Steffes said...

Cute Rudolph and the santa cartoon about the blogs... adorable!

Enjoy visiting this morning!

Cherdecor said...

Have a wonderful and safe holiday!
Christmas blessings,
Cheryl

Melissa said...

May you have a safe trip and of course, lots of fun.

Thank you for your sweet comments.

Love Melissa

Terri Steffes said...

Tipsy Cherries

Drain a jar of maraschino cherries (with stems!). Replace liquid with cherry vodka. Let rest at least 3 days up to 3 months (store in refrig if you go longer than 3 days). Drain liquid (I save it for my cherry cake) and pat cherries dry. Dip in your favorite dipping chocolate. Let set. Store in the refrig until ready to serve. These are definitely not for kids! :)

pearlsnpreppy said...

Your postings are so sweet and your blog is just wonderful l! What a nice addition to the day to read your kind words. I hope that your Christmas travels are a joy. Listening to Christmas music in the car is such a simple and joyful treasure at this time of year! I hope you are able to pack everything in for your travels! I have the same problem when we travel too :) !! Just think of the joy when you arrive bearing treats and smiles for all! Your list of all the things you love about Christmas is so true...I love the same things too! Merry Christmas from the coldddd part of the country!!!!

pearlsnpreppy said...

Your postings are so sweet and a treat to read! I hope that you are able to pack everything into your car for your travels!! A little Christmas music while driving and a cup of cocoa or coffee is such a simple pleasure at this wonderful time of year! I have the same problem packing everything and every one into my car but oh the joy arriving with treats and smiles :) ! Merry Christmas!!

Ms. ~K said...

Believe it or not, we put a big
wreath on the RV, load up the 3 labs, food, gifts and we HO HO HO all the way to Birmingham every year...My sil (in Mountain Brook)thinks we look like the Grizwalds.
teeheehee...
Safe Travels,
~K

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Good Luck, Kat! I know you will make some folks really happy!


And I love that cartoon! Can I steal it?

Harbor Hon said...

You are so funny Kat! I love your posts so much. You take lighthearted to a new level everytime. I'll ask Santa for some 'magic' for you too. I don't think, however, that you want to shrink Miss Daisy. She might not be happy the size of a Chihuahua. :) Be safe and have fun on your trip. xxoo

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

I know you'll have a fabulous time seeing all of those smiling faces. Have fun and be safe.

Jean said...

Have fun packing it all in!

That last cartoon is so funny! Every time I see someone I haven't seen for a long time, and they ask how we're all doing, I'm so tempted to say just exactly that - just check my blog.

Unknown said...

I hope you have lots of fun delivering your packages. And I hope you have a big car to take them all in. Be safe.

Meggie said...

Have a safe trip, Kat! Will you be home in time for Christmas or celebrate with one of your kiddos? In any case, have the merriest Christmas ever!

Kellan said...

What a cute post - I do love Rudolph too! You be safe and have fun visiting with all your family! You are going to be very popular when you show up with all those goodies!!

Take care - Kellan

Cottage Rose said...

Hey Kat; Wow now that is a lot of gifts to get in your slay. Sure hope Rudolph can help you out. I hope you have a great visit with all of them, and a safe one my prayer for you and hubby for safe travels.
Merry Christmas

Have a great week.

Hugs;
Alaura

Connie said...

Looks like you've had some fun getting ready and what a treat to get to go see everyone for Christmas. I'm sure Santa will figure out how to load your sleigh. Miss Daisy will just be a bit cramped on the way. You find the cutest cartoons! Merry Christmas! Connie