~~~~~~
I start out by pulling out all the plastic containers that I've stored things in all year. This picture shows just a few of the containers. Hey, it takes A LOT of "stuff " to stuff 21 stockings!
When I go to a store throughout the year, I try to pick up a few items. When I bring them home, I just put the bags in a plastic container. When I'm ready to start on the stockings, I pull all the bags out and start unpacking. What a mess! It can be overwhelming for sure. Guess where Mr. George was when I worked on them yesterday and today? Yep, you probably guessed right. He and Miss Daisy were curled up on the couch snuggling and watching sports. Men!
I work on these ALL YEAR LONG! Beginning literally the first time I go shopping after Christmas. Why 21? Well, we have 4 children, 2 daughter-in-loves,1 one son-in-love, 1 future son-in-love (hopefully), 9 grandchildren, Miss Daisy, my Mom, my Aunt Sherry, and George. Yep, 21. Whew!
Once I get them filled, I stand them up in plastic containers. It makes it easier to add a few more items that might be needed such as candy and gum right before Christmas. One of the last things I do is add a rolled up plastic grocery type bag so that as they empty the stocking they will have something to put their "goodies" in.
Awwww...it sure does feel good to have this project behind me!!
~~~~~~
Tonight George and I had a very special dinner with our friends, Carolyn and Robert, at Segar's. This is one of those "fancy spancy" places where you have to dress up. The food and service is impeccable. Wonderful! Delish!
~~~~~~
Now that my decorating is done and the stockings are stuffed, I'm determined to finish my shopping and wrapping this week. Hopefully, tomorrow after church I'll get a bit more of it completed.
25 comments:
Wow, I'm jealous...will you adopt me??? :O) Those stockings looks so nice & full. I wish I were as far along as you. I feel really behind this year. Perhaps, I shouldn't have rooms painted just before Thanksgiving. Hmmm....
Wow! What a woman! I have gotten so I really hate the thought of preparing stockings - for the reasons you stated. It takes forever and you can never seem to get the number of things in them evenly. Just taking price stickers off is a job! And I only do six! More power to you, girl!
Merry Christmas!
Kathy
Hi Kat,
Are you up for the Challenge? Come over and check it out!
xoxo,
Cathleen
What a sweet and thoughtful tradition, Kat ... and you're so organized, right down to putting the plastic bags in the stockings so they can put their "stuff" in them.
Daisy is precious in her Santa hat ... and she looks so pleased with herself!
Sincerely,
Janie
Thank you! I've been waiting on this post. I will start my stocking shopping in January this year. I only do nine, and it''s a lot! I know one day I will be doing 21....and I can't wait! I LOVED the tip about putting a plastic bag in the top for them to put their goodies in. Great tip!!! Are their names on the stockings or is that what the little gold bell is in the tops of the stockings?
You are a sweetheart Kat. I love your 21 stockings!
Miss Daisy's stocking is so cute.Molly has a stocking too...I need to get hers on the mantel! Our kids gave Molly to us, at Christmas time 6 years ago. Her middle name is Joy.
Well, I guess I won't whine about my five stockings anymore! :)
GREAT idea on the totes and just keeping it all till used at Christmas!
You deserve an award for doing all those ! Way to go!
FYI: For the past 2 years and this year, K-Mart has had a group of Kitchen themed ornaments. They are a Martha Stewart thing, I think. Anyway, it is not a big collection, but each year I am able to add 1 or 2 more things to the tree. Check them out, they are quite nice!
Wow look at all those stockings!!! Great idea to buy stuff all year long too.
I am so impressed with your organizational skills! And what a great idea to keep everything in a plastic bin throughout the year. Genius.
I dug out all the stocking stuffers I've accumulated for this year and realized that Maddy had much more stuff than anybody else. So I had to pick out a group of things and wrap them as a gift to put under the tree. Apparently, she's the easiest for me to buy for. lol
Miss Daisy looks stunning in her Christmas hat! :)
Merry Christmas!
Kari
Sweet Miss Christmas Daisy! She looks so good in her hat. :)
Wow! You really are on top of things, aren't you? I'm still trying to get handmade things done in time! xxoo
Hey Kat,
Just a quick "hello" so you know I'm alive and still reading your blog LOL very busy time of year (like everyone else I'm sure) so I am doing more reading than commenting. But I hope you know you're one of my faves :)
Great job on the stockings,
Kathy :)
I love the idea of giving everyone a stocking full of gifts. You're smart to shop all year.
Stockings are my all time favorite! Love it. I pick things up all year too! H
That's a lot of stocking to fill! I only do 4 and sometimes I think they are harder than the gifts. After Christmas (so you don't give anything away) would you consider doing a post on what kinds of things you buy throughout the year to fill your stockings? I would love having a head start on them!
Hi Kat, You have a pure Christmas spirit that really shines through. How inspiring & uplifting! Great stocking & I love your decorations too!
Happy Holidays, Hugs, DebraK
Kat, you definitely deserve a BIG pat for filling all those stockings. I can't believe you have kept that going all these years. Your family is loved! Awww, Daisy looks SO cute. I'm all finished decorating too, feels good. xoxo
Hi Kat, am feeling very inadequate & I've just slid under my desk at the sight of your amazing stockings. What an inspiration of organization you are!
I haven't even started my Chrissie shopping yet, but I reckon I work better under pressure (some years its even been a start & finish in one go on Christmas Eve!)
Yours in awe Millie ^_^
I believe you might qualify as a professional stocking stuffer! I'm very impressed...
Miss Daisy looks so cute!!!
You've been one busy little stocking stuffer Kat. But wait a minute...where is the picture of you and George all dressed up going to dinner at the fancy place???
I think stockings are one of the most fun things about the holidays. I have great memories of my stocking when I was little. They can be filled with such fun stuff and I admire you for filling so many! some time I'd love to see a list of things you recommend...old stand-bys you use year after year (in addition to candy/gum).
I lurve mz daisy's stocking!
How cute is she! And are you!!!!
21 stockings-whew- quite a "feet". I applaud you!
Those stockings are wonderful. I love the stockings the best at our house. I just wrapped the presents for them yesterday while Bob was in Arkansas.
Oh my goodness I love this!! I'd love to hear some of the things you put in all 21 of them! I stress about filling 4!!!!! I might just try it next year.
Hugs,
Susan
Whew! You have been a busy bee! i still have some decorating to do but most shopping is done. I only have 3 stockings to fill so I think you are amazing to do 21!!
You have the best family...and they all are so lucky to have you sweet Kat!
You rest your feet in that beautiful bedroom...by the glow of those twinking white lights...
Oh how I love your Kitchen tree!
Love,
Sue
Post a Comment