Friday, December 19, 2008

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GIVE A CHICKEN A BEER?

You have a drunk chicken, of course!

No, not that kind of chicken silly!

This kind:

Last night Jay grilled us a Drunk Chicken and Bree and he made a cheesy hashbrown casserole and steamed spinach.  Oh.My.Word!  It was all so delicious! George has got to learn to cook a chicken like this. Incredible! So tender and juicy.   We all know how good The Pioneer Woman Cooks! but let me tell you...a Mississippi Man Can Cook Too.  (I capitalized that Jay to show you a good blog title if you want to start one.  LOL)  I think it's cute how Jay keeps his hand towel in his back pocket when he's cooking.

After dinner, the four of us watched the original Home Alone...it's a family tradition, usually on Christmas Eve, for George and Bree.  

We had a wonderful Christmas visit with Bree and Jay.  It was sure hard leaving this morning.

Today, we drove to Columbus, Georgia.  My home town.  Tomorrow is a big day.  We're gonna be running around like a chicken with our head off.  

One of our grandsons is in a play and we're excited to get to watch him.  In the afternoon my Mom has her annual Christmas party for our entire family.  My Mom will have all of her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren there....close to 40 of us, I think.  Chaotic, but so much fun!

And...remember my son's game?  Well, tomorrow there is a  Finger Football tournament at Peachtree Mall here in Columbus. CNN will be there, as well as the local news. (If you missed my post a few days ago about my son's game, go here.)  You can still save 30%, so go here to place an order.
~~~~~
Click here for some free music from Oprah. Cool!


Christmas hugs and kisses,
Kat

16 comments:

Harbor Hon said...

Mmmm! Jay's chicken looks so good I want some now. Too bad I don't have a place for a grill. Sounds like you are enjoying your trip and are very busy. Good to see family when we can, so nice of your Mom to invite everyone. Eat lots and worry about it after the New Year. :) xxoo

Meggie said...

What an interesting way to prepare a chicken! Your schedule has me exhausted just reading about it. Have fun, Kat!

DESIGN BY CATHLEEN said...

That chicken does look drunk! It is so great to spend time with the family!!! Sounds like you are having a great time! :-)

xoxo,
Cathleen

Connie said...

We love the beer chicken here in California too. It's the most tender BBQ'd chicken ever. What a cute cook too! Enjoy! Connie

Jean said...

Your mom is a tremendously blessed woman - to be able to have all her children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren together in her home.

That is the coolest thing about CNN being at that tournament! I wish I knew when they would air something about it, because I don't have time to sit and watch TV all day, ha, ha, ha!

Have a great day!

Mrs. O said...

Oooooh, I'll have to tell hubby about that grilled beer chicken .. and our grill has a rotisserie too! Glad you're having a great time. Remember to eat, drink and be merry!!
~Laryssa~

Unknown said...

That drunk chicken sure sounds good. I'll check out the recipe. Hope you are having a fun time with family today. That's exciting for your son. Have fun!!

Andi said...

Wow, that chicken looks really good! And Jay looks pretty cute himself. He and your beautiful daughter made an adorable couple.

Hope you have a wondeful Christmas and enjoy spending time with all of your family.

Hugs, Andi

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

My sons cook those and they are so good. I know you are going to have so much fun with your whole family...m..

Jewel said...

I visited Columbus Georgia, when my son graduated from Boot Camp. I really liked the town, loved the area along the Chattahoochee River.

Tonja said...

Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!

Christmas Blessings to all!

Tonja

Angela Baylis said...

Oh my word... that Drunk Chicken sounds good! Your blog always makes me smile. I love how you let us in your life, Kat! Thanks!!!

In case I don't get a chance to pop back over here...
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Lots of Love,
Angie xoxo

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Kat to you and your honey.

Karen said...

There's nothing better than a man that can cook! Bree needs to hang on tight to this guy. It sounds like you are busier than ever and having lots of fun!

Melissa said...

Bree is so lucky to have someone that can cook. Everything sounded delicious.

Be safe on your Christmas journey.

Melissa

Unknown said...

You know, I've heard those drunk chickens are delish but still haven't tried one.

I couldn't believe when I read that HOME ALONE is part of your family tradition! It is ours as well. My dad guffaws and laughs during that movie each year, as though it were his first time to see it!