I was asked to be a speaker at our local Team Leader University meeting for our local Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk. I am not a speaker though, so I was a tad nervous (until I got there).
But you know what, I did just fine. After all, I was just speaking to other survivors and those who are working hard to make breast cancer a thing of the past. I had notes, but really didn't need them. I felt comfortable and just talked to everyone as if we were friends sharing advice. I felt at peace. Thank you Lord!
Thanks for your well wishes!
"Father, help me to be a blessing to someone today."
10 comments:
I knew you would do fine and I know they LOVED you! I'm so proud of you. I hate to speak in public, but I love to talk. Figure that! I know you are glad to have it behind you. Love & blessings from NC!
I'm so glad it went well - although I knew you would be fine!
Oh my dear you are such an inspiration .. how wonderful for you to have the opportunity to speak and how wonderful for those ladies to hear your wonderful words. Hugs HHL
Good for you!
Frank's football team is playing tonight with pink stockings on in honor of Cancer Awareness Night. It looks so cool.
So proud of you!
You go girl!!!! As a breast cancer (8 1/2 years) AND ovarian cancer (almost 19 mos.) survivor, I knew if you made it through you breast cancer journey, a bit of public speaking wasn't gonna get to you. You did it, and I'm so proud of you. And proud of what you do every year for the cause. You're an inspiration. Toni
I had no doubts that you would be awesome. Congratulations!
Congratulations!!!! You are an inpiration to so many of your followers and women in general. I have a cousin who is a breast cancer survivor, her daughter has been walking for her and for all women the last several years, and she is a new Mommy, and is doing it again next month. We will be there to support her. God Bless you and my hopes and prayers for a cure NOW!!! Take care
Well done!
Hugs, Katherine
I'm so proud of you, Kat. (hugs)
Post a Comment