Friday, September 24, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!


I used to dread my birthday. I've always loved making a BIG deal out of birthdays for everyone else, but I used to pooh-pooh my own.


Not anymore. After cancer, birthday are special !!! 4-1/2 years ago I prayed for more birthdays. Thank you Lord for every day!

The American Cancer Society's slogan this year is a good one:

A world with less cancer is a world with more birthdays!

Now I celebrate each second, minute, hour and every.single.day!

The candles on the cake are increasing and there's a greater chance of fire each year, but...

I'm celebrating baby!

Don't wait for your birthday, celebrate today! It's soooo worth celebrating.


"Father, help me to be a blessing to someone today."

48 comments:

Kimberly said...

Happy Birthday! Teresa sent me!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day!

June

Nancy's Notes said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Dear Kat
Happy Birthday to you!

That was my very best rendition-hope you did not hear any of the off beat notes!

Hugs to you on your special day!

I am happy I found my way to your blog, your dear friend sent me your way.

Nancy

Patti said...

Happy Birthday! Hope your day is just as beautiful as you are....and let them spoil you rotten, you deserve every bit of it.

Love Being A Nonny said...

Oh so true dear friend...oh so true. Have a great day. I can't think of anyone who deserves it more!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! CeLEbRaTe YOU TODAY!
Lynette in La.

Judy said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR FRIEND!

JUDY

Megan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kat! And may you celebrate many, many more!!

Tammy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Have a WONDERFUL day!!

Tammy M

Anonymous said...

Enjoy a VERY HAPPY Birthday!
- Cyndy

highheeledlife said...

Happy Birthday !!! Your post is so beautiful and fantastic reminder for those who have not experienced drastic , unexpected life changing events(and perhaps even some who have experienced life changing events), to enjoy each day and moment!!!

P.S. Happy 4 1/2th .... I will be 4 next month... hey I figure new life new age!! ~smiling~ XO HHL

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Howdy Miss Kat, this Ozark farm chick just popped over from 'Grammy's" to wish you a very big HAPPY BIRTHDAY straight from the hills and hollers of the Missouri Ponderosa! Have a great one girl, I didn't realize how very special it is.

God bless ya'll and have a great day of celebrations with love, laughter and cake baby, piled high with rich creamy icin'!!! :o)

Living Life in the Lowcountry said...

I hope you have a VERY happy birthday! :)

"Blossom" said...

Happy Birthday Kat and many more
young years!

Jen said...

Have a wonderful birthday with all that makes you happy!

Jeannette

Leelee said...

Happy Birthday!! Celebrate ALL weekend....if I was at my beach place, I would send you a piece of carrot cake from George's!!!

Grami's girls said...

Happy Birthday!! May you have a Blessed Day!!!

RachelD said...

Yaaaaay, Sweetpea!

I celebrate YOURS from WAY up here, and wish you MANYMANYMANY Happy Returns!!

Birthday Cake is Magical, and I hope you have TWO slices.

nancygrayce said...

Happy Birthday! I hope it is a very wonderful day!

elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday! So glad you're hear to keep us smiling - you are such a blessing!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday sweet Kat!! I hope you have the best day! I love your attitude and spirit!! Luv ya!!

Sally said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Kat! Hope you have a roaring good day!! :)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAT! Have a wonderful day. Linda in Ca.

Toni said...

Happy birthday, Kat. Enjoy your day and celebrate big time!!

Connie said...

Happy Happy Birthday! SO glad you are having another birthday! Now go light the fire!!

Love ya, Connie

Edwina at The Picket Fence said...

Happy Birthday Kat. After reading Teresa's post today I had to hop over and meet you. Congratulations on being a survivor. God is good and his mercies are new every morning!

Mari said...

Happy Birthday Kat! Keep on celebrating!

OKGardners said...

Happy Birthday! Ever since my Mom died of cancer at age 59, I have cherished every birthday I have. I will have #66 in November and I'm looking forward to it and am anticipating some BIG changes in my life. (Relocating) So bring 'em on! We can take those birthdays. It's the ONLY way to live! More birthdays... and a our first great-grandbaby coming early 2011. Birthdays are a blessing from God.

Betty in Oklahoma

Jean said...

I'm so thankful you're getting to celebrate another birthday.

I can really identify with making a big deal of your birthday since cancer. Dick's original order for a biopsy came on his 46th birthday, and I will never forget trying to keep from crying as we ate out that evening, wondering if this were his last birthday. PRAISE GOD, he's had many more!!

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday!!

Barbara said...

Kat, wishing you a happy birthday today.... this is your day...enjoy!!!

Melissa Miller said...

Happy Birthday Kat!!!

You are gorgeous and amazing.
Enjoy your day! ~Melissa :)

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Hey sweetie, I sure hope your day is goin' well!!!

I just wanted to pop in and thank you for your sweet comment and hoppin' on my blog. I sure hope ya'll enjoy the ride!

God bless and in the words of that silly old Granny Clampett, "ya'll come back now, ya hear!!!" :o)

Carole Burant said...

A little bird told me it was your birthday today...well actually it was Teresa at Grammy Girlfriend:-) lol Happy Birthday and wishing you many more birthdays to look forward to! xox

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Hey Kat, I hope you have had a wonderful day celebrating your special day!!! I'm sending a birthday hug your way. If I were you, I would just party all weekend! Did you get your surprise? I'm with you, every day is a celebration when you have battled cancer!!! We are blessed with every day God has given us, aren't we? Love & blessings from NC!

♥ Kathy said...

Happy Birthday sweet Kat ♥

Debbie said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, and I wish you many, many more. Blessings, Debbie

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Kat. And many more! Have a wonderful day.

Sue said...

Happy Birthday - they are a gift from God aren't they? Hope you have a fabulous day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you Happy Birthday to you Happy Birthday dear Kat la la la la la la
And thank your lucky stars you can't hear me singing LOL

I hope George takes you someplace really nice....

All the best sweet lady,
xo Kathy :)

Your sister and I share the same date on July 14 :)

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy Birthday:):) Hope this is just one of many happy, healthy birthdays for you:):) I love your blog:

Sandy said...

Happy Birthday to you! I'm so happy you are having another birthday. And many more! I love that picture of the roaring fire birthday cake. Thank you for all your encouraging words!

Harbor Hon said...

Woo Hoo my sweet friend! Happy Birthday and many more to you! Love your graphics, especially the fire cake. :)

Thanks for checking up on me. Your visits mean a lot. Love ya! xxoo

Desert Dreaming said...

Kat....HAPPY BIRTHDAY, I hope you have a wonderful healthy happy birthday, and so many more. God is blessing you each and every day. Love your wonderful attitude!!!

Charla @ Healthy Home Blog said...

Hi, Kat! What a special birthday! I agree with the comment above that God is blessing you! Blessings! :)

Ms. ~K said...

I'm so happy I checked in on you today!
Happy Birthday!
~K

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!!!!!

Kari said...

Happy Birthday Kat! You are truly a woman who LOVES life and that zest that you have for life is contagious! Keep on spreading the love and FUN! The world is blessed to have you in it!

Love,

Kari