Thursday, December 01, 2011

"NOTHER" MOTHER

Me and "Nother Mother"
Most of you know that I am blessed to still have my Mom...thank you Lord...and my Mom's best friend, Bet, who I call "Other Mother".  I also have Pat, who named herself "Nother Mother".  She moved to an assisted living community about two hours away back in 2006, not because she needed it, but because of her husband's health.  He died the next year, but Pat is busy busy busy and is very happy.  She even has a "boyfriend".  

She was in town this week, so some of her friends gathered for lunch.  She looks incredible for 86!  She is just as cute as a button.  Full of spunk!

I don't get to see her often enough and sure miss her.

I did a post about Pat back in 2007.  Click here for that post.

"Other Mother", my Mother, Me, and "Nother Mother" (photo taken March 2005)
Lucky me with all my "mothers"!


The luncheon this week with Pat and some of her friends was fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've finished my decorating just in the nick of time since we're having ANOTHER open house this afternoon.  But girlfriends, let me tell you...I've had 2 fiascoes with my tree.  More on that later.


 
Hugs from the beach,  
Kat 


"Father, please let me be a blessing to someone today."

15 comments:

Kari said...

I had a fiasco with my tree this year too! What is up with THAT? Good luck with your Open House!

Lov,

Kari

RachelD said...

Old Friends are Gold. What a wonderful group, and you can tell they care about each other.

We're very fortunate with the Dear Friends who become Family.

Hope your Open House has just the RIGHT VISITORS today!

rachel

Mari said...

I had a fiasco with my tree too. Crazy!
Pat is beautiful and actually you two look like you could be mother and daughter. :)

barb cabot said...

What a nice time to be reunited with your nother mother! (She's beautiful and it's true she could be your mother just looking at you both). Enjoy your weekend Kat!

Love Being A Nonny said...

You ARE indeed blessed with all your *moms*....now, share your tree issues!

Jean said...

Oh dear. I do not like to hear about all these tree fiascos. We're going to a farm tomorrow to cut our own tree down. Yikes!

I remember your post about Pat. What a GORGEOUS lady! So cute that she has a boyfriend. Sometimes I would wish that for my stepmother. She is so much fun, and it makes me feel so sad when I hear how lonely she is without my dad.

The Mermaid Cottage said...

My goal is to look as great as Pat does when I (hopefully) reach her age. She is the picture of tastefulness and beauty with a dash of compassion thrown in on top. I like all of your mothers...mother, other, and nother because they seem to live life to the fullest and still enjoy all that life has to offer!

Sheila from west Michigan

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful. What gorgeous eyes!

Sally said...

Awww, so sweet! You're truly blessed. Love the names. :)

Some of my cousins called their grandmother "more mama".

Hugs!

nancygrayce said...

What a blessing! I have a friend who put her tree up and it fell completely down twice in one year. I think I would probably have just given up at that point.

sharon said...

You are truly blessed! I ready your other post of Pat and I think we can all pray that we have a little Pat in us!

Patty said...

It's a blessing to have another mother. :) I just have to say that you look absolutely beautiful in these pictures!!! Have a blessed Christmas season. Patty~

Joy Junktion said...

Well your Pat having a 'boyfriend' gives me hope that I may not be alone forever!!! So wonderful that you still have your 3 mommas!

Anonymous said...

"Other Mother" "Nother Mother". I love it! :o) You are indeed a blessed woman!

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, please do give your mother a big hug when you see her, as I lost my mom almost three years ago. I miss her so much, but she is in my heart every day. Your "Mother" picture is lovely.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley