Wednesday, June 20, 2007

WORKS FOR ME WEDNESDAY - ONIONS CAN USE SOME PANTYHOSE




I posted about this a few days ago and decided to use it again for my Works-For-Me-Wednesday because (a) a few friends suggested I should and (b) I'm too tired tonight to come up with another idea :-)
I love, love, love sweet Vidalia Onions! I picked up a big bag recently on the way home from Atlanta.
Here's how I got them ready for storage: I cut the legs off old (but clean) pantyhose and filled them with the onions. I tied a knot in between each onion. I was able to put seven onions in each leg. I hang these in my pantry. (I think it's best if you keep them in a place where it's cool and usually dark.) Whenever I need one, I just cut below a knot.
I read that the Vidalia Onion story began over 70 years ago in Toombs County, Georgia. In 1931, a farmer by the name of Mose Coleman discovered the onions he had planted were not hot…they were SWEET! It was a struggle to sell the concept of a “sweet” onion though. It took awhile for them to catch on, but I'm so glad they did.I love to make vidalia onion dip. I love to put these on burgers. I love to use them when I stir fry peppers and onions for our sausage sub sandwiches.

This works for me! Click here for more great idea.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think they look pretty! Great idea!

Cherdecor said...

LOVE those VIDALIA onions!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! Now I need to get hubby to build me a pantry. :)

Anonymous said...

Love it!