Our friend Chris is visiting us this week from Knoxville. Look what we had him help us with this morning. I went outside to water plants in the planters by the pool and here's what I saw. Surprise, surprise. Another critter in my yard. He was sunning himself on the top step of the pool when I first saw him. He immediately dove deep. We had a heck of a time trying to "rescue" him. I'm sure his little heart was a'thumping! According to Chris, he was a heavy bugger too. We released him back into the wilds, but first gave him a peace treaty of yummy lettuce. Our way of saying "goodbye".
(I say him, but who knows, it could have been a she?)
5 comments:
Destiny will love these pictures. She would have wanted to keep him/her for a pet.
He's so cute, Kat! I'm sure that was a surprise. Glad he's back in his habitat now.
Rhoda
His little snorkel is so cute! I asked Chad to look at it and tell me what kind of turtle it was. He said that it was a soft shell turtle. I asked him if it would bite. He said that it is like a snapping turtle. It would bite!
So Jean, don't buy any of these for Destiny. It might bite! LOL!
Chad said that they have to be kept in a pool of water. (That is why he has a snorkel)
Nice pictures, Kathy. You really got up close and personal.
Well, cherdecor answered my question... I wondered what kind of turtle that was. I have never seen one with nostrils :o).
I don't know how I missed these other two posts earlier! I am thinkin' that turtle would have freaked me out, but you got EXCELLENT pictures. I had to click on them to make them bigger because I was so curious. Great job, you rescuer girl you! :-)
Post a Comment