
Wow! A fun week here! The PGA Champions Tour is in town, and Sandestin has put its best foot forward for seven days as national and international television audiences watch the action here at the newest gem of the golfing world. More than 70,000 spectators are expected to attend. We live on the 8th green and it's been exciting to watch everything right from our lanai. The traffic here in the resort has been a mess though. George predicted Jay Haas would win and so far he is.
**********
I've been a busy girl since my Mom, Aunt and "Other Mother" are in town. We've played tons of Mexican Train and Phase 10 and we've eaten more than the law allows!
**********
Good Grief! Another terrorist scare! This time the plot was to destroy the JFK International Airport, kill thousands of people and trigger an economic catastrophe by blowing up a jet fuel artery that runs through residential neighborhoods. Very, very scary!
**********
I spent most of Thursday at two different doctor's offices and then the pharmacy filling prescriptions. Nothing to worry about. (Thank you very much.) One was my regular check-up and one was my dermatologist, but it's kinda sad that when you look at the "d's" in my cell phone address book...it seems like every number is for one of my doctors! Sad.
**********
I mentioned in recent posts about seeing lots of snakes here in the neighborhood. Well, day before yesterday, "Other Mother" spotted one in my flower bed very near where I was standing watering plants in a planter by the pool. Yuk!
**********
We're going to early church in the morning, so I'm off to bed. Night Night!

2 comments:
Good to hear from you! I know ya'll have been busy and having tons of fun!
About the snakes...YIKES!!! Gary walked down to our pool and TWO were in our pool! I'm FREAKING OUT! I HATE SNAKES! I know nobody really likes snakes (well, that's sane at least), but I really, really HATE snakes!
I've heard that they won't crawl over human hair or lime (the crushed up lime that you can get in a bag to mix with soil). Not sure if it's true, but then I think, "oh my, what if we trap them IN and they won't crawl over to get OUT!"
Okay, enough of that. Glad you're doing well. We'll be at the beach in two weeks! Think I can lose 50 pounds by then?! ha ha!
I'm glad you're having such a nice time together. But that snake in the flower bed is just way too close for comfort. I was on the lookout all weekend for snakes at the campground, but the Lord spared me from seeing any. Thank you, Jesus!
Post a Comment